We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to go to Königssee

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Cheapest way to go to Königssee

20 days left before I go to Munich. I am super excited because It will be my first time to go to Europe. I got some questions.

1-I will staying in Munich for 2 weeks.What is the cheapest way to go to Königssee?

2-What can you give me as a tip for a first timer in Germany?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,380 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest way to go to Königssee

Bayern Ticket (Bavaria Ticket).

bahn.de/i/…bavaria-ticket.shtml

- only regional tains

- covers additionally all local public transport in Munich and the buses from Berchtesgaden train station to lake Königssee

- on weekdays only valid past 9am

Bayern Ticket is also of use for day trips from Munich to anywhere else in Bavaria and to Salzburg Hbf.

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: München Hbf (or just use "M")

Destination: Königssee Parkplatz, Schönau a. Königssee

and select as means of transport "only local transport" if you want to travel on a Bayern Ticket.

the timetable has even the boat schedule on the lake

Destination: Sankt Bartholomä, Schönau a. Königssee

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest way to go to Königssee

Thank you :)

3. Re: Cheapest way to go to Königssee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 06:18