We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TAXI to Theresienwiese, pre-book?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
423 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
TAXI to Theresienwiese, pre-book?

Hey!

First of all, I have already spent an hour trying to search this forum which probably have the crappiest search-engine ever...lol...

All topics ends up explaining the train system and Im not interested, so I appreciate keeping it out.

We are 8 guys taking taxi from airport to Theresienwiese and I wonder if there are any shuttle-bus companies I can pre-book with that meets up with us in the arrival-hall, so we dont have to take 2 different taxies?

we are not travelling on a budget but its just a big waste of money to grab 2 taxies and we want the shuttle..

I appreaciate the help!

very nervous about being the tour-leader for these guys(:

Do they

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,404 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TAXI to Theresienwiese, pre-book?

Not that I've ever seen.

However someone here did find a bus that could be hired, eg for stag do.

Guess why everyone explains the train system?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
423 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TAXI to Theresienwiese, pre-book?

lol...couldnt keep it out could you(:

we want taxi because we have a lot of luggage and we have a pregnant girl with us also, just want to get out of there as quick as possible, by car or shuttle-bus.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,404 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TAXI to Theresienwiese, pre-book?

I guess you will probably need more than 2 taxis if you have lots of luggage.

How you travel is of course up to you, but there is certainly no shuttle bus that I've ever heard of in Munich.

LH has an airport bus that runs to the main station; you could take that and get taxis from there.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TAXI to Theresienwiese, pre-book?

What you need is a "Großraumtaxi", for up to 8 passengers. However, I don't know if this means 8 passengers PLUS a lot of luggage. That might be difficult, so I'd say that taking the Lufthansa bus to the central station and two regular taxis from there would be the better idea.

Anyway, this is one company that offers a "Großraumtaxi", so you could ask them about the luggage: http://www.taxi-bus-muenchen.de/

I've never used them, since I only use taxis when I really have to. So I don't know if they are good.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
423 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TAXI to Theresienwiese, pre-book?

Are you saying that there dont exist shuttle buses in Munich?

Are we talking about the same thing here or am I saying it wrong?(:

Im talking about a small bus that carries 10-16 people

Maybe mini-van is the word I shouldve used?

Edited: 11 April 2014, 16:55
Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TAXI to Theresienwiese, pre-book?

No, no, they exist. But you'd have to google a little to find a company that you like and that has vans for 8 people plus a lot of luggage.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
423 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TAXI to Theresienwiese, pre-book?

Thank you Petra!

I didnt see your answer before I posted my answer to #3

I`ll chack it out, thanks.

I mean, on every airport I`ve been to in Europe are filled with shuttle buses amongst the normal one`s, I just couldnt find anything about it in this forum.

As I said, I`m the tour leader and I just wanna fix a couple of things in advance to let me sleep at night...lol...

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,559 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: TAXI to Theresienwiese, pre-book?

Mini vans have at max 9 seats as driver plus 8 passengers is the maximum you can transport with a normal drivers license. These vans have however no luggage space for 9 persons.

> Im talking about a small bus that carries 10-16 people

A small bus is indeed what you will need. And as one needs a bus drivers license to drive such a bus, this means you have to look out for a bus company. There are plenty. Albeit only few will have any information in English on their homepage.

http://www.midiatours.com/en/fleet/mini-bus

But you can always try to contact them via e-mail in English.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,559 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: TAXI to Theresienwiese, pre-book?

> we want taxi because we have a lot of luggage

Do you plan to travel airport - hotel - Theresienwiese?

To bring a lot of luggage on the Theresienwiese is totally unpractical. You may even get problems with the police and/or the security staff at the tents (bags are checked there).

> just want to get out of there as quick as possible, by car or shuttle-bus.

> every airport I`ve been to in Europe are filled with shuttle buses

Into Munich this won't be the quickest option. Maybe at odd times or to rather remote locations in Munich. Thus to use a shuttle bus into Munich is neither time wise nor money wise really attractive. Day tickets public transport for 8 persons are EUR 42,60 together.

mvv-muenchen.de/en/…index.html

A normal (4-seater) taxi will be approx. EUR 65.

To get to the Oktoberfest by car is not recommended. Access ways can be reserved for / blocked by visitors (pedestrians). Other streets are sealed off for security reasons and to protect the residents from visitors-by-car-looking-for-non-existing-parking-spaces.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
423 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TAXI to Theresienwiese, pre-book?

Thank you Abalada for good information! I really appreciate it!

I was wrong in threadstart, we are 7 people only. I was in quite a mood when I posted this so I was a little bit quick there, and I also should explain myself a little bit better....

When I say "a lot of luggage I mean that everyone has at least one bag, small or little, all together that makes it one hell of a bag-mountain..

the pregnant girl has some anxiity when it comes to doing trains and stuff that we do not know how works, afraid she will be walking a lot, missing trains, waiting etc...(all she wanna do is sit down in a tent with a couple of giant beers...LOL....)....and I totally agree with her since Im the leader of the rat-pack - do it the safe and easy way and pay a couple of extra Euros for it. (Man, I hate Euros)

A couple of weeks ago I was a Solo in Bangkok and decided to do the skytrain wich everyone speaks so warmly about......"its so easy and so quick and cheap"....I ended up as a criminal, didnt get to pay for it and ended up way waaaay out of my planned destination....LOL...I just hate trains and similarities, wont even take it in Oslo..

Our hotel, The Kings, is a 15min walk from Theresienwiese, so Yes we will take a taxi here..and we are not bringing our luggage into the festival/tent...hihi...

Cheers and have a happy weekend!

We will go for 2 normal taxies!

Edited: 11 April 2014, 20:14