We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting flight & customs/passport confrol Terminal 1

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
621 posts
254 reviews
Save Topic
Connecting flight & customs/passport confrol Terminal 1

Hello fellow travelers,

I have never flown into Munich and my Lufthansa flight arrives in Terminal 1 from the US and makes a connection to Amsterdam in Terminal 1. What type of customs or passport control will I go through. Have 2 hours both on the outbound and inbound return (roundtrip).

Safe travels, 1NCFoodie

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
621 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting flight & customs/passport confrol Terminal 1

My mistake...arriving in terminal 2 on both inbound and outbound. Sorry, 1NCF

Erding, Germany
Level Contributor
48 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connecting flight & customs/passport confrol Terminal 1

After arrival from the US, follow the signs to Level G and go downstairs after clearing immigration/passport control. Normally you will not have to go through any security checks. Your flight to Amsterdam leaves from Level G. Check the departure monitors for any gate changes.

When you arrive in Munich on transit from Amsterdam, follow the signs to Level H and go upstairs and clear immigration. There will be security checks at your US flight gate, but if you have purchased duty free items you can bring them on board as long as they are in a sealed bag.

munich-airport.de/en/…index.jsp

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,925 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connecting flight & customs/passport confrol Terminal 1

You will clear customs after collecting your bags in AMS, the customs people can tell by the luggage tage that you have come from outside EU, mostly they do not stop people

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
12,242 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connecting flight & customs/passport confrol Terminal 1

To be absolutely clear, you enter the Schengen zone in Munich which means you immigrate there by going through passport control.

On the way back you remain in Schengen zone until you depart Munich; you will also go through US additional security upon departure Munich for USA

5. Re: Connecting flight & customs/passport confrol Terminal 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 06:16