We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAX TO Dusseldorf To Munich

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Azusa, California
Level Contributor
83 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
LAX TO Dusseldorf To Munich

We are taking Air Berlin from LAX to Munich with a layover in Dusseldorf (1 hour 10 mins) is this enough time? Are the Air Berlin flights generally on time? Has anyone had any experience with this?

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
225 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LAX TO Dusseldorf To Munich

We did that flight; it's tight - we had to run to make our connection - but doable.

Azusa, California
Level Contributor
83 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LAX TO Dusseldorf To Munich

Was the customs bad? Where you late? What advice do you have for us? How was the air berlin service? Decent

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
225 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LAX TO Dusseldorf To Munich

Immigration was not bad at all, it was quick and efficient. It was just a tight connection and we may have been a little late, I don't recall for certain - it was a couple years ago. You have to take a bus to connect from your arrival terminal in Dusseldorf to your Munich departure terminal. They did have to hold our connecting flight, but remember Air Berlin wouldn't make the connection available if it wasn't doable. And, this was our first trip abroad other than Mexico and Canada, so it was all a totally new experience for us and really went off without a hitch. Air Berlin amenities and service in coach was outstanding; we're going back to Germany in September and I wish their flights worked for us out of San Francisco, but I'm confident we'll be equally as pleased with Lufthansa.

Azusa, California
Level Contributor
83 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LAX TO Dusseldorf To Munich

wonderful thanks! I read some not so nice things about them but they are much cheaper. Its our first time out of the country. My hubbys first time on a plane.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8,636 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LAX TO Dusseldorf To Munich

I don't have any problems with them in terms of service and punctuality. Understand that they are a low cost carrier, and not to expect too much from them.

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/berlin-1.htm

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LAX TO Dusseldorf To Munich

if its all on one ticket (and is a european airline like air berlin) then theres nothing to worry about.

If you miss the connection then they'll look after you with an alternative flight, and if its the last flight of the day you'll be put up in a hotel.

If your delay is long enough you'd even get compensation under European law!

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
225 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LAX TO Dusseldorf To Munich

AB service far exceeds any of the US budget airlines, IMO. This is a direct flight from LAX, other than the transfer in Dusseldorf, so I think alarming the OP with other AB horror stories in unnecessary.

8. Re: LAX TO Dusseldorf To Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 06:16