We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun things we shouldnt miss?

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Azusa, California
Level Contributor
83 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Fun things we shouldnt miss?

Besides the normal sites in munich is there anything going on 26.6-2.7 2014 in or around munich that we shouldnt miss? This is our first time out of the country (usa) and Germany has been a long time dream of mine. We are trying to not only see the sites and touristy things but also Germany as the natives do! Thanks again for all your help guys.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,655 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun things we shouldnt miss?

Check out www.prinz.de and click on Munich. This is the city magazine, and it is where the locals would look up whether there's anything special going on, such as concerts or other events. It's only in German, but I think you can figure it out anyway.

For instance, I found something for June 26, and that's Blade Night. I didn't realize they still had this. I participated in this when I was younger and when I was still living in Munich. What it is: Some streets are cordoned off and people - thousands of people - go roller blading on them. There is a different route every time. Of course you won't have your roller blades with you, if you have any at all - but go and watch it for some time. :-)

Azusa, California
Level Contributor
83 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun things we shouldnt miss?

thanks petra!

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun things we shouldnt miss?

On the Saturday its "Michael Jackson World Cry Day" - which will be celebrated at his unnofficial shrine outside the Bayerischen Hof hotel on Promenadenplatz.

And theres a street festival in the Glockenbach area also on the 28th. Address is Karl-Heinrich-Ulrichs-Platz.

on Sunday 29th theres the Munich city run now in its 36th year, a mini marathon type of thing. It starts and finishes at Marienplatz n the city center. Maybe you'd be into running that? Well, you wont be able to avoid it on the Sunday morning anyhow!

muenchen.de/veranstaltungen/event/2360.html

München
Level Contributor
488 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun things we shouldnt miss?

Perhaps you like this:

olympiapark.de/en/…roof-climb-with-abseiling

or visit Bavaria Filmstadt a big film making facility near Munich

www.filmstadt.de/en.html

5. Re: Fun things we shouldnt miss?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 06:16