We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from the airport

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kent
Level Contributor
249 posts
203 reviews
Save Topic
bus from the airport

Hi

Does anyone know how much it costs for two people to get the bus from the airport to the Nordfriedhof stop? I know the train will cost around 21 euros so just wanted to know if the bus was much cheaper. The other thing is I've heard somewhere that stop is affected by roadworks at the moment. Is this going to cause a problem for me if I use the bus (at beginning of June)?

Thanks

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,552 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from the airport

The bus is not much cheaper, albeit faster to the Nordfriedhof. Single ticket is EUR 10,50. Thus EUR 21,00 for 2 persons.

http://www.airportbus-muenchen.de/en/fares/

The local public transport ticket for EUR 21,30 is a day ticket.

mvv-muenchen.de/en/…index.html

Thus in the end a question if you just want to go to your hotel on this day or not.

kent
Level Contributor
249 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus from the airport

thanks for your reply. Money won't come in to the decision then if the prices are so similar. I think the bus will be less hassle (i think we'd have to change lines once on the u-bahn), but as we don't know the area it might not be obvious when to get off the bus and it could get delayed by traffic. Getting to Munich around 5pm all the museums will be closing so that's why the good value of the day ticket won't get utilised (and we'll probably stay local to the hotel for the first evening at least). We'll probably go for the train then just in case we want to go into the centre that night.

Edited: 22 May 2014, 17:31
3. Re: bus from the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 06:15