We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group of guys in Munich

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Group of guys in Munich

Hi all,

I'm planning a friend's stag weekend but it's not going to be a typical one. My mate (and most of the group, including me!) are fairly apathetic towards the usual stag activities so paintballing, go-karting, etc are not an option.

We're all beer hounds and rock / metal fans so I've been instructed to focus mainly on drinking and music - that's been relatively easy to plan and sort.

However, we'll be there for two and a half days and will also have the 'dads' in tow. I'd like to break up the biergarten visits with something else if possible.

I've trawled through the forums on here and found some useful tips but nothing that is a bit out of the ordinary. Does anyone know of anything like a pool hall, fussball hall etc? Just something with a bit of action that we can all enjoy together? Or if there's anything quirky, I'm all ears too.

Thanks folks

Neil

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,461 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Group of guys in Munich

You can also consider:

- trip to Andechs Monastery

- Erdinger brewery tour

- BMW factory tour

or go on a lake with a motorboat

NEWTOWNARDS, N...
Level Contributor
376 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Group of guys in Munich

Not sure when you are going but if the weather is fine then the Chinese Tower in the English Garden is a must.

For a bit of music (and if the oldies can hack it!) I would recommend Kunstpark/Kulffabrik - just don't go too early.

Take an hour of two and sit with the locals in Viktulianmarkt - enjoy a stein/mas out in the open and try some of the local Bavarian food. Failing that the Hofbrauhus is only a couple of minutes dander away and head upstairs away from the tourists and enjoy your beer with the locals.

Favourite city in Europe, nearly time I was back (haven't been for about two years!!).

Edenderry, Ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Group of guys in Munich

if you are there between July 2nd - July 27th you could go out to the Tollwood Summer Festival. It has a bit for everyone like stalls with very artisy type people and unusual stuff, good food and also good music in one of the tents.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25,942 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Group of guys in Munich

I would say go to the various beer halls around if you can and definitely try out the Hofbrauhaus.

Munich
Level Contributor
183 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Group of guys in Munich

For pool, try the Schelling Salon. They sell good beer too....and it is where "That Austrian house painter with the ´tash" used to hang out before he was barred for not paying his slate......

http://www.schelling-salon.de/

Munich, Germany
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Group of guys in Munich

There´s a football hall called "SoccArena" in Olympic Park. The" Flex" is a great bar for metalheads and rock fans. You should also check the Backstage, a bar/club. They have lots of live concerts and rock parties there.

You´ll also find concerts at the Feierwerk. I wouldn´t recommend you to go the Kunstpark. It is really trashy.

A brewery tour is always a good choice in Munich. Hofbräu offers that in Munich.

http://www.soccarena-olympiapark.de/

hofbraeu-muenchen.de/en/…

7. Re: Group of guys in Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 05:16