We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enough Travel Money

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Azusa, California
Level Contributor
83 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Enough Travel Money

When all airfare and hotel costs are paid for we have about 190 euro a day for food and other expenses. We are not planning on doing anything extravagant but wanted to make sure this is going to be enough for two people.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,249 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enough Travel Money

Sure.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
23,598 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Enough Travel Money

For 6 days in Berlin I had about 400 Euros to spend and for 4 Days in Rome I had about 450 Euros to spend to spend for my wife and I. For one day in Munich I spent a total of 80 Euros for my wife and I which included all day transportation.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Enough Travel Money

What are you planning to spend all that money on? The day ticket is about 6 EUR (I don't know exactly because they keep increasing the price), you'll need about EUR 15 for a proper meal at a restaurant, and EUR 5 for fast food, and what other expenses are there? Museums? Souvenirs?

When I was in Washington D.C., I set myself a budget of USD 25 per day, and it worked fine, even though I had to pay for transportation twice (first for the bus, then for the subway).

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
23,598 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Enough Travel Money

"Washington D.C., I set myself a budget of USD 25 per day"

Where did you go to eat for that? Did your hotel have free breakfast?

Azusa, California
Level Contributor
83 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Enough Travel Money

We are doing day trips so most of our fare for the trains is about 36 USD alone. 40 for sure on the castle pass then other than that we arnt planning on spending much on suviners. Our hotel has free breakfast. I was just worried because some people said that it was very expensive to eat in Munich. Also; we are only planning on doing a few tours. Maybe one of the bewery

6. Re: Enough Travel Money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 22:35
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
23,598 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Enough Travel Money

" I was just worried because some people said that it was very expensive to eat in Munich. "

It all depends on the type of places you go to to eat. You can find budget places anywhere, it really depends on the type of scale of food you want to eat at.

Maryland
Level Contributor
425 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Enough Travel Money

I just looked at my predicted budget minus air and hotel and when I divided it it came out to about 175 euro a day for 2 people. I usually over budget so in my opinion you'll be fine. I don't go to really fancy restaurants but it sounds like that's not what you're looking for either.

Azusa, California
Level Contributor
83 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Enough Travel Money

Nah, we are quick and cheap people. We are going to one place thats expensive ish (for us) but that wont break the bank either. Thanks guys for reassuring us.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
23,598 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Enough Travel Money

Really the things that get expensive isn't the food it is more the alcohol, but then again Beer in Germany is a lot cheaper than the states.