We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel rooms at half the cost

el dorado hills, ca
Level Contributor
75 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel rooms at half the cost

When I check rooms at some of the hotel sites and then check them at some of the budget sites like hotels.com, etc., the rates at the same hotels are cut in half. Are these quoted rooms the same? Or, are they some smaller version or lacking somehow?

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich
Level Contributor
2,752 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel rooms at half the cost

One possible difference could be with/without breakfast.

But usually the rooms are the same - though they do try to pass off rooms next to the lift to Priceline customers: if that should happen to you simply go down to the reception and insist on another room.

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel rooms at half the cost

candacegar,

could be double so single occupancy.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25,888 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel rooms at half the cost

If you are coming from another country is it worth the risk to book a hotel via a 3rd party agency?

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
7,613 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel rooms at half the cost

Not unusual to have cheaper rates via certain booking sites. You always have to compare. Finding the same room categories via different websites can be very confusing though.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,477 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel rooms at half the cost

I suggest that you check out the booking agency that you are thinking of using and their terms and conditions,some seem less reliable. I do use www.booking.com www.hrs.com and www.hotel.de and have had no problems. However with a chain hotel like Intercontinental, Starwood etc I book directly with the hotel, you mostly do get better rooms and there may well be other perks, prices are also mostly similar.

6. Re: Hotel rooms at half the cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 06:16