We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hard Rock Cafe-Munich

SoCal
Level Contributor
51 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Hard Rock Cafe-Munich

Sorry, but I failed to save the replies to a few questions that I posted last June 14, although I saved the suburban and underground train network. Please give me directions again on how to get to the train station from the Holiday Inn Munich South, and then from the train station to the Hard Rock Cafe. Thank you.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hard Rock Cafe-Munich

Stacie, you've now posted this, or a similar, question in almost a dozen different forums. You've literally got dozens of regular posters here doing your research for you, and providing answers all over the Europe forums.

But this is very easy to do yourself. For a list of Hard Rock Cafes world wide just use Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_Rock_Cafe

Similarly, for information and directions from your hotel anywhere in the world to the hard rock cafe in that particular city, Google Maps is your friend. Just search for your hotel on google maps, then select directions, and simply enter Hard Rock Cafe. Google will do the rest, and if you click on the public transport icon as your means of travel even provide you with the train, bus or tram number you need.

Isn't this so much easier than asking others on a public forum to do this for you? I did it in less than 2 minutes for Munich. I'm sure the other cities you're posted about will take a similar length of time.

Over to you.....

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
28,517 posts
537 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hard Rock Cafe-Munich

Do you plan on going to the Hard Rock Cafe in all of those cities?

Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hard Rock Cafe-Munich

The Hard Rock Cafe in Munich is just across from the Hofbrauhaus. Any directions for the Hofbrauhaus are equally good for the Hard Rock Cafe. Any decent map will show you the location. I just walk there from the Marienplatz area.

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,634 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hard Rock Cafe-Munich

Staci2,

Im heading there this september and as someone stated its across the street from the Hofbrauhaus. I guess if you're not going to the Hofbrauhaus, then it doesnt mean much.

What you may want to learn how to do, is use GOOGLE MAPS specifically, MY PLACES in google maps. All you will need to do is to input "hard rock cafe, munich" into the search bar and it will zoom in and you can put a "pin" there for reference. But learning how to use "My Places" you can add and do much more. You can then input your hotel, put a pin there and then look for the best path.

Cavets. GOOGLE maps or any map is only as good as its last update. So any natural disasters, sinkholes, down trees, construction, floods, street name changes, location changes, traffic jambs won't be seen on the map. you can also get a paper map from the local tourist shop or your hotel. you can also buy one before you leave the USA. Book stores will have some or can order some for you.

good luck.

Dachau, Germany
Level Contributor
390 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hard Rock Cafe-Munich

Staci2,

in addition to all above advice, If you try to find one of your recent posts, just click at the top of the start page, when you enter the forum, on "See all recent posts by...". Now you have a list of all your recent posts and don't have to ask the same question again.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hard Rock Cafe-Munich

There is a find a Hard Rock Café on their website. Simples.

SoCal
Level Contributor
51 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hard Rock Cafe-Munich

Thank you TelePort. There is a tourist info center in the marienplatz glockenspiel clock. They told me to turn left, then right, then left. We had to back track through the post office since we went to the other end of the street which had statues of lions and somebody. We were told that it was the entrance to the reception hall of a royalty. I will look it up.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
28,517 posts
537 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hard Rock Cafe-Munich

Did you end up going to Hard Rock in each of these cities?

SoCal
Level Contributor
51 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hard Rock Cafe-Munich

Hello r c,

Thank you for your suggestions, yes, Hard Rock Cafe is right in front of the Hofbrohaus. We went back to the Marienplatz a week later, and yes, it is just three blocks from the subway. My smart phone was on airplane mode so I could not use Google Maps.

SoCal
Level Contributor
51 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hard Rock Cafe-Munich

Yes JordansBulls, my son added four pins to his Hard Rock Cafe collection: Munich, Prague, Budapest and Vienna. Thank you for asking.