We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help, please to order my visit

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
219 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Need help, please to order my visit

Hi,we are a family with teens planning to visit Munich in few days for 3 full days. We have been planning our trip for a long time but we are still confused about the order as it is our first visit to the city. Day 1: we will start with Frauenkirche Church, Marienplatz, watch the Glockenspil, Vikutatienmarket, Allianz Arena. Day 2: Schloss Nymphenburg Palace, Olympic Park, Aquarium. Day 3:Neue Pinakothek, Neuschwanstein Castle, English Gardens. Is this the correct order of the suggested iterinary? Any modifications or advice? Thank you for caring to help!

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Marienplatz
Marienplatz
20,337 Reviews
Munich, Germany
Allianz Arena
Allianz Arena
6,357 Reviews
Munich, Germany
Nymphenburg Palace
Nymphenburg Palace
5,901 Reviews
Munich, Germany
Maryland
Level Contributor
445 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help, please to order my visit

I hope you know Neuschwanstein Castle is not in Munich. While it can be done as a day trip, I don't think you'd have time to do that plus Neue Pinakothek and English Gardens.

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
219 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help, please to order my visit

Thank you for your advice. So, if we skip Neuschanstein Castle will our order be ok? Do you suggest adding something? Any ideas? I appreciate your help!

Maryland
Level Contributor
445 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help, please to order my visit

I'm still planning my trip so I'm sure others will have better advice but I think your itinerary sounds ok. You could probably add Munich Residence to your list for day 3 if that interests you. It was a residence to Bavarian Kings. Also Allianz Arena has English tours at 1pm so if you get there by that time you could try to join a tour.

Mentioned in this post
Munich Residence
Munich Residence
4,469 Reviews
Munich, Germany
Allianz Arena
Allianz Arena
6,357 Reviews
Munich, Germany
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
219 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help, please to order my visit

Thank you very much for your advice . You are very helpful! I hope you enjoy your trip, too! We will visit Munich from July29 till Aug1. May be I could help you, too when I' back! Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
34,755 posts
597 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help, please to order my visit

Yeah your day 3 no way is that going to happen. Neuschwanstein Castle is nearly a day trip itself.

What I would do with your itinerary is to pick the places and activities that you want to do most and do those first and anything else that would be nice to do put those on the back end of your trip.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
4,728 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help, please to order my visit

Day 3: You'll need a full day to see Neuschwanstein, so you'd have to take out Englischer Garten and Pinakothek and try to add them to one of the other days.

Englischer Garten is good to have dinner on any of the other days. They have a beer garden there where you could get typical Bavarian food (such as Weißwürste, roast chicken, potato salad, pretzels, Obazda, etc.)

Maybe add the Pinakothek on day 1, and take out the Allianz arena unless it's really important to you. It's just a giant inflatable beach ball ;-)

Edited: 24 July 2014, 18:16
Mentioned in this post
Allianz Arena
Allianz Arena
6,357 Reviews
Munich, Germany
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
219 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help, please to order my visit

Thanks all for your kind help. I guess I'll try to squeeze the Pinakothek in Day 1 or 2 but I can't drop Allianz Arena as our 2 teenager boys are eager to visit it. Having dinner in the English Gardens is a brilliant idea! We will do the priority first, as advised, and if we succeed to have Day 3 for Neuschwanstein Castle it will be great. I deeply appreciate all your advices, thanks a lot!

Mentioned in this post
Allianz Arena
Allianz Arena
6,357 Reviews
Munich, Germany
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
219 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help, please to order my visit

Another question, please. I've read on the website that the Neue Pinakothek is open on Tuesday till 8 am, but I just want to be sure if this is correct. Can anyone help me with the timings, please so I can squeeze the visit on a Tuesday. Thanks a lot!

Dachau, Germany
Level Contributor
390 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help, please to order my visit

The Neue Pinakothek is closed on Tuesdays. They are open 10am - 8pm on Wednesdays and 10am - 6pm Thursday - Monday.

Here you can find the opening hours for all of the Pinakothek Museums.

http://www.pinakothek.de/en/node/6882

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
219 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help, please to order my visit

Oh, that's very helpful. Thanks a lot, A_visitMyBavaria!