We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Segay tour in Munich, Is it strenuous?

Arnold, Missouri
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Segay tour in Munich, Is it strenuous?

I would like to book a 4 hour segway tour with City Segway Tours in Munich on Aug. 31st but am curious if it will be strenuous? I have heard that you use your core muscles a lot. I'm also wondering it if it might be hard on the back as well. We are 56 and 61 and get around very well but could be in a little better shape. Has anyone done 4 hour on a Segway as a beginner? Thanks, Karen

Mike's Bike Tours
City Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours
SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Munich
City Tours, Walking Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Big Hat Tours
Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Radius Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
31,376 posts
588 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Segay tour in Munich, Is it strenuous?

Personally have not done them, but have thought about it in New Orleans, maybe next time I will. I might even do one in Chicago later this month. I would try to read the reviews and ping some people who have done it to get an idea.

Arnold, Missouri
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Segay tour in Munich, Is it strenuous?

Thank you for the reply. I did book the 4 hr. tour after reading many reviews. My only concern is that I was told that you are standing and leaning in as unusual way and I'm worried we might feel in the back especially for 4 hrs. But it is booked and we will have a great time regardless. Karen

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,930 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Segay tour in Munich, Is it strenuous?

Watch some videos of tours that are sure to be on Youtube and see if people are feeing any kind of strain. When I have seen them riding around town, it looks pretty easy and not hard on your back at all. They often stop and get off too.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
31,376 posts
588 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Segay tour in Munich, Is it strenuous?

"I did book the 4 hr. tour after reading many reviews."

Seems kinda long. I also considered the one in Berlin and that one was going to be around 4 hours as well. I think most I saw in the U.S you can choose between a 2 or 3 hour one.

Arnold, Missouri
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Segay tour in Munich, Is it strenuous?

Thank you everyone for your help. I also read the reviews before posting and booking but saw no mention of anyone with any problems. But it is booked and if we have any soreness then we will just deal with it. I'm sure it will pass quickly if we do experience any pain. We will be having so much fun we probably won't even notice.

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,930 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Segay tour in Munich, Is it strenuous?

You don't spend 4 hours solid riding on the Segway. You get off, you take breaks. Same as with a 4 hour walking tour. You aren't walking continuously for 4 hours.

Why not email the company and ask them?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
8,760 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Segay tour in Munich, Is it strenuous?

I wouldn't worry too much about how strenuous it is, but rather if you will be able to learn how to control it. Only tried it once and it certainly looks easier than it initially is. It took me a bit to get used to it and I was not 100% confident after the 10 minutes (or so) of testing.

Arnold, Missouri
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Segay tour in Munich, Is it strenuous?

I thought about that too. Just hope I don't hit anyone.

9. Re: Segay tour in Munich, Is it strenuous?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 05:16