We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Umwelt Zone in Munich - Does it apply to me?

Greater London...
Level Contributor
160 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Umwelt Zone in Munich - Does it apply to me?

Hi, I have searched on this everywhere and decided to ask here as I will be driving a car with Euro 5 emissions band (BMW 320d diesel) so not sure if I need emissions sticker to get into Munich or not. If yes then where can I buy it? Also, can you suggest a good shopping area for clothes etc. in Munich?

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,219 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Umwelt Zone in Munich - Does it apply to me?

every car needs the sticker to enter the environmental zone.

That said, do you really want to drive to town anyhow. You can park in a park and ride (a euro for the day) and just get the underground in. I'd suggest some options but not sure what direction you are coming from.

For shopping areas, just head to Marienplatz and the 2 main streets off it are where most shops are to be found.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
160 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Umwelt Zone in Munich - Does it apply to me?

thanks for replying. I will be driving from Berwang, Austria to Prague and wanted to take rest in Munich but I feel that it maybe more of a hassle. Is there anywhere near where I could take some rest and entertain my 6 year old as well?

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,219 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Umwelt Zone in Munich - Does it apply to me?

theres a really large shopping centre on the eastern outskirts of Munich which would tick the boxes for shopping, and they also have a lego shop for the child and one of only 2 dunkin donuts in the city (should that be your thing).

http://www.riemarcaden.de/shops/

they also have a Playmobil chinese dragon display for the next 2 weeks which might interest your child

riemarcaden.de/aktion/…

If that doesnt suit, you could stop in Regensburg which is a little further up the road which is a really lovely medieval town - but not sure what a child would make of it!

4. Re: Umwelt Zone in Munich - Does it apply to me?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 06:17