We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hop on hop off bus tour - which company

Pfaffenhofen an der...
5 posts
Save Topic
Hop on hop off bus tour - which company

Hi

I've had a look at the old, closed threads on hop on, hop off bus tours, and all the answers are telling the poster to do a walking or cycling tour instead, or use regular public transport. All that is fine, BUT

My kids want to do an open top bus tour :D I will be the sole adult with 3 kids aged 8, 6 and 3, which can make walking any cycling tours tricky. We live in Bavaria and go into Munich by public transport with a destination in mind a couple of times a year, but this time my kids would specifically like to do an open top bus ride, as an end in itself.

With that context in mind, has anyone any knowledge or experience of the specific tours? I have found "The Original" city Sightseeing tours (red buses) or "Gray Line" (blue buses). Price difference is minimal, tours look similar - Gray Line has a much better website... Can anyone tell me which tour is actually better run/ more friendly/ generally pleasanter?

Many thanks for any help!

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,829 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hop on hop off bus tour - which company

The reviews for all of the tours being offered in Munich are up at the top of your screen if you are using a PC. These are up to date. Most kids seem to like the red buses as they are open top.

Pfaffenhofen an der...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hop on hop off bus tour - which company

Thanks Born, will look on the laptop later. An open top is what they want - I think both companies have them. Wanted some personal experiences, so will look for reviews (I did search for reviews earlier but only walking, cycling and segway tours came up, must have been doung something wrong!)

3. Re: Hop on hop off bus tour - which company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 05:16