We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for places to stay for 2 nights in Munich

Northeast
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas for places to stay for 2 nights in Munich

We will be arriving in Munich on 11/9 around noon and leaving on 11/11 about the same time. Looking for places to stay with easy access to the airport but also getting around and touring Munich. We have never been there so not sure what we will have time for in our short stay. Open for hotel (reasonable) or B & B. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Winter Park, Florida
Level Contributor
66 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for places to stay for 2 nights in Munich

Last year we stayed at the Motel One - Sedlinger Tor. It's about a 10 minute walk from the Marienplatz and just around the corner from the metro station. Prices were great, room very clean and comfy; but very basic. We're staying there again this year.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
26,723 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for places to stay for 2 nights in Munich

What is your budget?

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for places to stay for 2 nights in Munich

I've stayed at the Royal Hotel, which is near the main train station. It is not fancy, but the location is great, and the price is most moderate. In fact, I stay here about three times every year, before I fly back to the States.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187309-d199660…

Just take the S-1 or S-8 between the airport and the main train station. It is a couple minutes' walk from the station.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas for places to stay for 2 nights in Munich

I have been to Munich twice and on both occasions stayed at Haus Zum Gutenberg in Hallbergmoos. It five minutes from the airport ( second stop on the train S8 ) and 35 minutes into central Munich. It is a fraction of the prices you will pay in central Munich, regular trains and a bus that connects you from just outside the hotel to the train station. Staff great, I could not recommend this hotel more. Good luck

Edited: 23 August 2014, 05:50
5. Re: Ideas for places to stay for 2 nights in Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 05:16