We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What hotel booking sites ??

Kent
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Topic
What hotel booking sites ??

A few months ago I was looking at a hotel booking site that showed hotel availability in munich for September 2015.

I have tried hrs.de & hotels.de but they only show up to August. Does anyone know what it may have been... It had been mentioned on here but I have searched through my old post but I obviously didn't actually comment.

Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What hotel booking sites ??

Booking.com only goes up to July of 2015.

My guess is that the sites place the time limit so customers don't book September 2015 when they mean to book September 2014 or vice-versa .

Wait until August is over and then book.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,400 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What hotel booking sites ??

hotel.de is owned by HRS

There are not that many *real* booking services. No hotel deals with a dozen or so booking service providers.

booking.com is owned by Priceline

venere.com is owned by Expedia

The chances that no matter what site you may use the booking itself will be handled by HRS/Priceline/Expedia is > 90%.

You could of course contact the hotels directly on this. Take however care of potentially more restrictive cancelling conditions.

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What hotel booking sites ??

Use a price comparison site as trivago for the date you inquired before. Then you might see when results displayed which one you used.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What hotel booking sites ??

Trivago is very good at comparing prices. However, keep mind that most websites (not just hotel, but also airline) give availability 11 months in advance.

Trivago is owned by Expedia, which also owns www.hotels.com. I use www.hotels.com almost all the time, because I travel a lot, and they give 10% back, so that after 10 nights booked I get a free night, which I use all the time. I cross-check prices, and then I'll even call www.hotels.com and they match the lower price. A few years ago, after Expedia bought them, I noticed that all my hotels would say to me, "Your reservation is pre-paid by Expedia." I couldn't understand this, so I checked with hotels-dot-com, and they explained it to me.

Kent
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What hotel booking sites ??

Thank you for all the suggestions. This particular site I could view 13 months in advance..... Unless I imagined it!!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
26,106 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What hotel booking sites ??

Try Expedia.

7. Re: What hotel booking sites ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 05:17