We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gyms in Munich

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
60 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Gyms in Munich

Hello all,

Are there any gyms (fitness centres) close to the Leonardo Hotel, München City Center? If so, do you know what they charge for a one hour visit?

Many thanks in advance.

Inchicore, Dublin...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gyms in Munich

Hi,

first maybe could you include the information that your hotel is situated close to Central Station, as not everybody knows, where the Leonardo Hotel is.

2nd I wonder whether there is a fitnesstudio at all, that would offer one hour visits - just for insurance reasons. My advise would be to ask for a test visit. However there are great jogging parcours in Munich, you don't really need a fitness club.

Holger

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
60 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gyms in Munich

Hello Holger,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't know where the Leonardo Hotel is either. All I know is that it is close to the Octoberfest and that I am staying there.

By one hour, I mean I just want to visit the gym once to use the equipment - maybe I should have said one day.

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to jog at this time, so it is either a fitness centre or bust!

Inchicore, Dublin...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gyms in Munich

ok, what's about swimming? - there are great pools in Munich as well. To be honest, for a one hour visit it more looks like a bust to me.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gyms in Munich

Check www.gymvisit.com - I've used that site several times to find independent gyms which will allow you to pay per session. The two big chains in Germany are Fitness First and McFit, neither of which will allow you to join for less than a month.

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
60 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gyms in Munich

Thanks Darren.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Gyms in Munich

You should try out McFit. You can get a 2x pass to test out the gym for free at reception (and if you want to join, your membership can be used anywhere in Germany and it's only 20 euros a month). For a cheap gym, it's pretty good although can get pretty crowded.

Definitley avoid Clever Fit (Munich Mitte). I had a horrible experience with them!

confessedtravelholic.com/2015/…comments

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
28,548 posts
537 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gyms in Munich

Check to see if your hotel has some type of gym as well. Obviously won't be anywhere near a true fitness place, but could get you over in the meantime.

8. Re: Gyms in Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2016, 05:17