We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

christmas market

Which Nuremberg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yardley...
Level Contributor
142 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
christmas market

I am staying at the Holiday Inn City Center on ENGELHARDSGASSE. How long of a walk on foot is this from the main Christmas Market? Also have some concerns about the surrounding neighborhood. Any feedback appreciated.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,940 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: christmas market

750 m ~ 10 minutes

map

christkindlesmarkt.de/gfx/e_altstadtplan01.h…

Engelhardsgasse is near the Jakobsplatz

> Also have some concerns about the surrounding neighborhood

Know what you mean. Barely notable if you're not looking for it. Also not in the direction of the Christmas Market but the opposite direction.

Gold Bar, Washington
Level Contributor
584 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: christmas market

go to google maps type in ENGELHARDSGASSE Nuremberg pops up put hotel in bottom left hand corner Christkindlemarket is at top little right of center across river. Next to Frauenkirche. City has good bus and tram system.

www.vgn.de

vgn.de/CFF6B06F-C0B4-11D7-AE44-00034709FE0C

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: christmas market

Your hotel is not in an area that I visited in Nürnberg but it is not very far from the two main shopping streets as I remember them: Breite Gasse & Karolinenstrasse

German cities are generally safe, if that is your concern. Nürnberg's Market is one of the most active and there we will lots of other people out on the street.

Regards, Gary

Yardley...
Level Contributor
142 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: christmas market

thank you. I feel much better about the hotel environment hearing it from a local. Looking forward to enjoying the Market and a fascinating city.

Nürnberg
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: christmas market

Your hotel is very very near to the red light district, but dont

worry about that.

Its a save place and there is a big police station about 200 meter

north of your hotel.

The red light district in Nürnberg means a few bars with strippers and

the prostitute wait in the Frauentormauer for their buisness.

Yardley...
Level Contributor
142 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: christmas market

Thanks to all for the info. Seems all will be fine and hope hotel lives up to good reviews on tripadvisor.

7. Re: christmas market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2011, 06:16