We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Nuerenberg

CORONA
Level Contributor
172 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Nuerenberg

We will stay in Nuerenberg for 2 nights and need to be in Main train station to take bus to Prague. Is any body have some knowledge of not expensive(not more than $150.00) hotel. I found some by train station, but not sure if this the Main station. Thank you

Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Nuerenberg

I like the Motel One on Bahnhofstrasse. It would be much less than $150. I book it on www.hotel.de . I've stayed there at least 4 times and the place is only a couple of years old. It is less than a 10 minute walk, with luggage, to the main train station.

CORONA
Level Contributor
172 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Nuerenberg

Thank you. Just one questions- is this is from Motel 8 category?

Dublin
Level Contributor
490 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Nuerenberg

Hello hatikvah48,

We stayed in the Ibis hotel on konigstorgraben which was just across the road from the main station. Another branch on the main street, Konigstrasse which was only across the road. Ibis are a budget hotel chain. Small rooms with private bathroom, breakfast is extra. Rooms have always been spotless when we have stayed. If you choose to stay in the Ibis then select the one that is cheaper as they are both very close to the train station. I think Ibis have 3 hotels in Nuremberg so be careful not to book the other branch as it is not as close.

Both the hotel listed are close to the bars, restaurants and shops. Enjoy your stay in a great city.

Regards,

Supervanman.

Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Nuerenberg

I don't know what Motel 8 is, but I've heard of Motel 6. I would say that the Motel One's are much better than your standard Motel 6.

I've stayed at both of the Ibis hotels mentiond above. There is nothing wrong with either hotel, but they are more expensive than the Motel One by at least 15 euros per night. The Motel One is a modern hotel and just because they use the word "motel" shouldn't be thought of as shabby or cheap. It is a modern, brand new hotel for a reasonable price ,except for breakfast, they charge too much for it. For a good breakfast, grab a ham and cheese fladenbrot from the bakery just inside the east entrance. At 2 euros, it is the tastiest, best bargain in Nuremberg. Also within a few feet, you'll see a Yorma's grocery store and a McDonalds which both sell coffee in the mornings.

CORONA
Level Contributor
172 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Nuerenberg

Thank you very much, I will consider Motel one in Nurenberg. .

6. Re: Hotels in Nuerenberg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2012, 09:16