We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels outside nuremberg for Christmas Markets

Which Nuremberg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Verona, Italy
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Hotels outside nuremberg for Christmas Markets

I will be arriving in Nuremberg Dec 7 and leaving Dec 11. The hotels in Nuremberg are quite expensive as I imagine this is a peak period. I don't mind riding a train or subway into the city and back out everyday. Can someone tell me what cities are along train routes to Nuremberg? A hotel recommendation would be great as well.

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels outside nuremberg for Christmas Markets

We stay at the Movenpick out by the airport. It's connected to downtown by easy rail connection. They have lots of specials...stay three pay two, etc.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels outside nuremberg for Christmas Markets

There are frequent sbahns regional trains that cover this route. There are at least two nice small towns with lodging.

Roßtal

http://www.rosstal.de/gewerbe/uebern.htm

Heilsbronn

heilsbronn.de/tourismus/gastronomie-uebernac…

That said, these are very small, almost deathly quiet towns on winter evenings. I used to live in Roßtal and loved it for a lot of reasons. I am not sure that I would want to lodge there in winter. I would probably stay in Nürnberg nearer the markets, restaurants, etc.

Ansbach itself is a decent town but I did not find its lodging to be much cheaper than Nürnberg.

Regards, Gary

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels outside nuremberg for Christmas Markets

Sorry, the train route that I am talking about is between Ansbach and Nürnberg. I had a temporary (or is it permanent?) brain disengagement.

Regards, Gary

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,940 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels outside nuremberg for Christmas Markets

rail network Nuremberg + Fürth

www.vgn.de/media/liniennetz_nbg_download.gif

rail network VGN local public transport association

http://www.vgn.de/media/netz_plan.pdf

VGN website in English

vgn.de/CFF6B06F-C0B4-11D7-AE44-00034709FE0C

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels outside nuremberg for Christmas Markets

We have stayed in Erlangen and trained it to Nuremberg on two occasions and it actually worked out quite well and the hotels there were much cheaper. A plus is they have a quaint little Chrismas Market there and it's quite fun and there are a couple nice little pubs too. We have also stayed at the Ibis Altstadt just outside the Hauptbahnhof but we booked early both times. Wished we were coming over this year as this is the first time since 2002 we've missed the Christmas Markets. There is always next year. Good luck.

:-)

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels outside nuremberg for Christmas Markets

Ansbach is expensive for a reason - American government per diem rates. Anyway it doesn't make sense to stay 45 minutes away from your intended target.

Edited: 02 December 2011, 05:43
7. Re: Hotels outside nuremberg for Christmas Markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 22:42