We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October or November?

Which Nuremberg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
499 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
October or November?

Hello,

Would like to come to Nuremberg because the place always fascinated me.

I am looking into coming mid-October or mid-November. Which period would you advise me to come? I know 'best' period is a relative term, but I'm interested in learning what you think.

Also, do you have good suggestions for a travel guide? I absolutely love history, and like to go on my trips well prepared.

One final question. I'm looking into making the journey by train from Belgium. We have what is called an 'ICE' train. What station would this stop in?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,132 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October or November?

October, your chances of sunny autumn days will be much better. November tends to be nasty and rainy.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,307 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: October or November?

You never know about the weather. It takes a bit of luck to catch the Golden October phase. Anyway, October means autumn leaves on the trees, probably slightly warmer temperatures, and surely one hour more of daylight. My vote goes to October, too.

My personal Nürnberg tips are here: members.virtualtourist.com/m/f86bd/8082/

Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October or November?

Hi,

Would you consider delaying your trip to the end of November, first part of December to experience some of the German Christmas markets? Nuremberg has one of the largest and most famous (which means lots of people).

germany-christmas-market.org.uk/nuremberg_ch…

As far as your train (ICE = Intercity Express), I suspect it would stop at Nuremberg's Hauptbahnhof (Hbf) or Central Station. You can check on the Deutsche Bahn website to confirm.

http://www.bahn.de/i/view/USA/en/index.shtml

Enjoy your visit regardless of when you go.

Zed

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,123 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: October or November?

I would rather go for mid-October based on weather, but who knows. E.g. last Christmas I played a round of golf just outside Nürnberg in a long sleaved t-shirt.

And yes, the ICE will stop at the main railway station in Nuremberg.

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
519 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October or November?

Mid October last year, we had almost two weeks full of sunshine and temperatures over 20 degrees Celsius. This was exceptional and you cannot expect this to happen again in 2013, but you can be pretty sure that you won't get this mid November. Also, the leaves on the trees are yellow and red at this time of the year, in mid November, they will be all gone. So for me there would be no question at all, I would largely prefer October over November. If the weather is nice, you should consider leaving the town for the "Franconian Switzerland" and visit places like Bayreuth, Kulmbach, Bad Staffelstein, Ehrenbürg/Rodenstein, Gößweinstein etc. A treat for the eye at that time of the year. Maybe include day trips to Bamberg, Würzburg, Ansbach or Rothenburg o. d. T.

6. Re: October or November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 05:19