We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Dinner Nuremburg-group of 7 Americans

Lafayette, Colorado
Level Contributor
50 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving Dinner Nuremburg-group of 7 Americans

Will arrive on Thursday 28Nov, with party of 7 from Colorado. We have 2nts at Park Inn before heading south on our Viking cruise. I worked at McDonalds 30 years ago and had thought of eating dinner there but for some reason my group doesn't see the humor!

Suggestions for a COMFORTABLE mid price restaurant for Thanksgiving Dinner would be most appreciated. Especially if it is convenient to the Park Inn.

Also possible events on 29Nov although we know we want the toy museum and maybe the transportation museum along with the kriskindlesmarkt.

Help????

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
16,588 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Nuremburg-group of 7 Americans

Are you interested in an actual "Thanksgiving Dinner" or just dinner on a Thursday evenning in November that happens to also be a US holiday?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
2,580 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Nuremburg-group of 7 Americans

Mencini is terrific and only medium expensive. Yes, Italian and unlikely to have turkey. Goose is likely as close as you'll get to a US style turkey; the better German restaurants will have it.

UK
Level Contributor
7,282 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Nuremburg-group of 7 Americans

"Goose is likely as close as you'll get to a US style turkey"

Goose is traditionally associated with the Feast of St Martin (11 November), and many German restaurants have goose on the menu throughout November.

So - you could combine German and American tradition by having a St Martin's Goose - google "Martinsgans".

Lafayette, Colorado
Level Contributor
50 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Nuremburg-group of 7 Americans

We would love a comfortable dining experience with traditional German food. Half henchen, pork, spaetzle etc. Certainly no turkey required. We just want to give thanks for such a wonderful experience as Nuremburg at Christmas.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,139 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Nuremburg-group of 7 Americans

In November you can't get more traditional than goose with red cabbage and dumplings.

You'll get it in every decent restaurant.

Lafayette, Colorado
Level Contributor
50 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Nuremburg-group of 7 Americans

What are your thoughts on Estragon. It seems to get great reviews and EKU Inn is a little pricey for us?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,139 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Nuremburg-group of 7 Americans

I don't know them, but judging on the photos they do nothing for me.

Lafayette, Colorado
Level Contributor
50 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Nuremburg-group of 7 Americans

Thank you for responding. I have made a reservation at RBG Bar and Grill which is right in our hotel the Park Inn. Maybe we can get more adventurous the next night once we are over jet lag.

9. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Nuremburg-group of 7 Americans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Nuremberg
Recent Conversations