We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from Nuremberg to Prague

Which Nuremberg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
travel from Nuremberg to Prague

We will be disembarking from a river boat cruise at Nuremburg and want to get to Prague for a 3 day stay.

I have a slight mobility issue; it seems the trains require a few transfers and with luggage, this presents a problem.

The bus requires a reservation and am unsure of times to book. Is it really necessary to book in advance?

I see an ad from ic taxi who would pick us up at the dock for 215EU and take us directly to our hotel in Prague,

Costly but there are two of us sharing and wondering if it makes sense money-wise ? ic taxi is the company whose ad I found on the net.

If we took the bus, it would involve a taxi from dock to station; bus, taxi to hotel in Prague. Not familiar with taxi fares in these countries, but have been told that drivers in Prague often charge $100.U.S

Any input and suggestions would be welcome. We are females who are not as strong as yesteryear.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,390 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from Nuremberg to Prague

The € 215.- is an incredible offer for the 300 kilometer drive and in your situation I would take that. A regular taxi would cost you more then double that amount. And yes, some taxi drivers in Prague will try to charge you ridiculous prices.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel from Nuremberg to Prague

I booked with Chris from Nuremburg to Prague info@prague airport shuttoe

Chris picked up four of us at the viiking river cruise dock; was there at exact time we requested and deliverered us right to our different hotels in PRGUE . Fair price as well as sharing infro re sites to visit, restaurants and tipping, etc.

He also arranged to have us picked up at hotel on day of departure to airport and, again, his driver, Neil, from

Rettford very pleasant and arrived right on timel

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel from Nuremberg to Prague

Good morning Roxy6108,

Thank you for the follow up on your experience with the transport service between Nuremberg and Prague.

My husband and I would like to utilize the transport service you mention above, after reading your comments.

Could you advise link for Chris and Neil?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Kind regards,

CGnB

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel from Nuremberg to Prague

I do hope you received the info re drive from Nurenburg to Prague. Just in the event you didn't receive,

email Chris at info@prague airport shuttle.

Good luck

Valerie

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,373 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel from Nuremberg to Prague

You would have to be very unlucky to be charged $100 for a taxi ride in Prague (unless it was for a very long distance, that is) :) The bus doesn't have to be booked in advance, but it is recommended (and cheaper - from €19), and it is very convenient, especially if you have luggage as you just stow it in the hold. If you are happy to pay that much for a car service, go ahead.

When in Prague you won't need to use taxis anyway - public transport is excellent and increasingly friendly to people with mobility issues. Just don't forget to buy and validate tickets when using it as inspectors are unfriendly to all transgressors, regardless of status.

Winnipeg, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: travel from Nuremberg to Prague

Which bus line would you recommend from Nuremberg to Prague. Can you provide name or link to website. Should I book online to make sure I get the departure time I want?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,573 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: travel from Nuremberg to Prague

DB IC Bus

bahn.com/i/…ic-bus-prague.shtml

DB (German Rail) operates also long distance buses in cases they are faster than the trains.

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: Nürnberg Hbf

Destination: PRAGUE

Quainton, United...
Level Contributor
7,700 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travel from Nuremberg to Prague

Or just book a Nuremberg to Prague train ticket from 19 euros at Czech Railways www.cd.cz/eshop and print your own ticket.

Four trains a day operate with one easy change at a place called Schwandorf. Slightly slower than the motorway bus, but cheaper and you get a proper train not a bus!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,373 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travel from Nuremberg to Prague

It is about two hours longer using elderly (in the Czech Republic at least) local stopping trains. In fact it is so slow that it doesn't even show up on a normal search.

The bus is fast, modern, non-stop and comfortable, and also costs €19.

Your choice!

10. Re: travel from Nuremberg to Prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2015, 05:15