We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passau to Vienna by ferry

Which Passau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
171 reviews
Save Topic
Passau to Vienna by ferry

My wife and I would like to travel from Passu to Vienna by ferry to arrive in Vienna on the 3rd of June 2012.

Does anyone know if this is possible and what ferry companies we should contact? Any idea how long the trip would take?

Bayerisch Eisenstein
Level Contributor
351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Passau to Vienna by ferry

Wurm & Koeck operate boats between Passau and Vienna, from April till October. It's a 2 day journey with a stop in Linz overnight.. Price is around 70 Euro for the one way trip. (excluding overnight accommodation)

donauschiffahrt.de/en/…overall_schedule.html

http://www.linz.at/english/tourism/205.asp for accommodation in Linz

DDSG & Donaureisen also run cruises between Passau and Vienna, again a 2 day trip with a overnight stop at Linz. However, I don't think either of them start operating until late June/early July.

ddsg-blue-danube.at/deutsch/…d_sond_pw.asp

donaureisen.at/schifffahrt/…

You could also have a look at www.travelinfo.de/flusskreuzfahrten.asp… They list lots of Danube river cruises

english.passau.de/Tourist-Information.aspx

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passau to Vienna by ferry

many thanks the info is great

3. Re: Passau to Vienna by ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2013, 10:17