We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving Romantic Road

Mexico
1 post
Save Topic
Driving Romantic Road

Hello, I will be driving in one afternoon from Rothemburg ob de T to Fuessen. I have my own rented car, can you tell me how much time will I take and what suggest it is a mandatory stop to see in the road, trying to not to arrive very late to Fuessen?

I really appreciate your guidance =)

Prittlbach, Germany
Level Contributor
574 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving Romantic Road

The most sensible thing to do if your time is limited is to stick to the Autobahn A7. The RR itself is nothing special, just the stops, and you can reach those by using the Autobahn as well. Interesting stops are Dinkelsbühl, the munster of Ulm (esp. walking up the church tower is fun, but not for those afraid of heights) and the Wieskirche (not far from Füssen).

The trip using the Autobahn is app 250 km, with no stops or detours and depending on traffic something between 2 1/2 to 3 hours relaxed driving, about 2 if you really get going (depends on rented car).

2. Re: Driving Romantic Road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 12:22