We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus From Oberammergau to Fussen in Jan 2014

2 posts
Save Topic
Bus From Oberammergau to Fussen in Jan 2014

Hi everyone,

I will visit Oberammergau and Fussen in 2-3 Jan 2014 and I plan to stay 1 night in Fussen. I find that there is a bus route from Oberammergau to Fussen. When I search in bahn,de for the day I go, there is no bus schedule. Does it mean that there is no bus on that day? How can I know if there will be a bus available on that day?

Thanks in advance.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,210 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus From Oberammergau to Fussen in Jan 2014

Bus schedule for past 14. December 2013 is not yet out. Check for connections on these dates in 2013 (! still online) to get an idea. Most likely the schedule won't change much. You may check with bahn.de mid December again with the 2014 dates.

There are not many buses on this route as both towns are in different counties/regions. Apart from one direct bus you'll have to change bus at Steingaden or Echelsbacher Brücke (Echelsbach Bridge - which marks the border between the counties/regions).

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus From Oberammergau to Fussen in Jan 2014

And there is nothing at the Eschesbacher Bruecke to keep you warm and dry, while waitimg for the bus. If it was my choice, I would skip Oberammergau at this time of the year, and just take the train in comfort to Fuessen and back

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus From Oberammergau to Fussen in Jan 2014

Thank you very much for your answers

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,210 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus From Oberammergau to Fussen in Jan 2014

There is at least now a small hut keeping you dry at the bus stop Echelsbacher Brücke. Looks pretty new on the below photo.

…wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/03/Ammers…

While the bridge may look pretty normal it was the first reinforced-concrete bridge using this bridge building method and at this time (1929) the reinforced-concrete bridge with the widest arch.

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus From Oberammergau to Fussen in Jan 2014

Hi

Do you know how long the bus journey is between Oberammagau and Echelsbacher Brücke I am looking to do it in September and what to do a round trip back to Oberammagau and do not know how often the bus runs. I know there is nothing but Bridge here, so don't want a huge wait, but do want to see itand the Gorge.

I am also looking to go on the bus from Oberammague to Steingaden, again a round trip, but again do not know how long the journey or how often bus runs and how far the bus stops from the Steingaden monastery garden

I am worried as I will be on the bus alone and do not speak German and do not want to be left in the middle of no where. I need the bus to drop me fairly close

I appricate any help you can give me Thank you.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus From Oberammergau to Fussen in Jan 2014

According to the German rail (and bus) site Die Bahn, the ride from Oberammergau to Echelsbacher Brücke is about 35 - 40 minutes. It appears that the bus runs every hour or two until about 1800.

Again according to the German site Die Bahn, the ride from Oberammergau to Steingaden takes about an hour and the bus runs every hour or two until about 1800. I don't know how far it is from Steingaden to the monastery, though.

Usually the buses in Germany (and elsewhere in Europe) have an electronic sign inside that gives the next stop. So if you know how long the trip is supposed to take, just start watching the sign when it is approximately the time for the ride to end.

You can check the times easily on the site, www.bahn.com/i/view/USA/en/index.shtml.

7. Re: Bus From Oberammergau to Fussen in Jan 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 05:16