We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Füssen to Garmisch-Partenkirchen - On Bayern Ticket?

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Füssen to Garmisch-Partenkirchen - On Bayern Ticket?

Dear all

we are planning to travel in Bavaria in June 2014.

We plan to travel from Füssen to Garmisch-Partenkirchen on 04 June 2014, wednesday.

I checked the route on DB website:

depart 0935 Füssen Bahnhof, by Bus 71, stop at Ried Bahnhof, Pfronten

Then 1022 Pfronten-Ried to Reutte in Tirol, by RB 5477

Then 1101 Reutte in Tirol to Garmisch-Partenkirchen, by RB 5513

My question is since it goes thru Switzerland, does Bayern ticket cover the whole journey?

Thanks in advance.

Europe
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Füssen to Garmisch-Partenkirchen - On Bayern Ticket?

@TC_Mal

I think you might find some useful info here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187316-i951-k5511…

Saluti

CDB

P.S.

Reutte is in Austria not in Switzerland

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Füssen to Garmisch-Partenkirchen - On Bayern Ticket?

Dear @cdbtrip

Ya my mistake, it is Austria and not Switzerland.

So if I understand correctly, I need to get bus ticket from Fuessen to Pfronten-Ried (or Reutte in Tirol, I saw there are two possibilities to travel from Fuessen to GaPa).

Then the train journey from Pfronten-Ried to Reutte in Tirol and then Reutte in Tirol to Garmisch-Partenkirchen is covered by a Bayern Ticket right?

Where can I get the bus ticket? Is it from the driver?

Also, I noticed that if I purchased from DB for the train ticket now (whether from Pfronten-Ried to Reutte in Tirol ) it is Euro 35. But I presume I cannot use that for the ride of ZAHNR from GaPa to Kreuzeck/Alpspitzbahn Bhf right later of the day? Does Bayern ticket cover this?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,071 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Füssen to Garmisch-Partenkirchen - On Bayern Ticket?

> So if I understand correctly, I need to get bus ticket from Fuessen to Pfronten-Ried (or Reutte in Tirol, I saw there are two possibilities to travel from Fuessen to GaPa).

Füssen to Pfronten-Ried is covered by a Bayern Ticket (as this bus trip is inside Bavaria)

Füssen to Reutte by bus not. Here you would have to buy a ticket from the bus driver.

The Ausserfern Railway Pfronten - Reutte - Garmisch-Partenkirchen is covered completely by the Bayern Ticket. Inclusive the part of it through Austria.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ausserfern_Railway

> Also, I noticed that if I purchased from DB for the train ticket now (whether from Pfronten-Ried to Reutte in Tirol ) it is Euro 35

No need to buy a Bayern Ticket in advance. You can buy it for the same price on spot at the ticket machines at Füssen train station.

> But I presume I cannot use that for the ride of ZAHNR from GaPa to Kreuzeck/Alpspitzbahn Bhf right later of the day? Does Bayern ticket cover this?

Zugspitzbahn cogwheel train (ZAHNR) is covered by the Bayern Ticket as far as Grainau. Thus you can use it to get to the Kreuzeck/Alpspitzbahn Bhf.

Map showing the railways (albeit only regional trains on these) covered by a Bayern Ticket.

bahnland-bayern.de/tickets/bayern-ticket…

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Füssen to Garmisch-Partenkirchen - On Bayern Ticket?

Thanks Abalada.

So If I take this -

depart 0935 Füssen Bahnhof, by Bus 71, stop at Ried Bahnhof, Pfronten

Then 1022 Pfronten-Ried to Reutte in Tirol, by RB 5477

Then 1101 Reutte in Tirol to Garmisch-Partenkirchen, by RB 5513

I need only Bayern ticket, and no need any other bus ticket. Am I right?

Europe
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Füssen to Garmisch-Partenkirchen - On Bayern Ticket?

@TC_Mal

It's ok to do this, but this way it will take you 1h30minutes to do the 15KM between Fuessen and Reutte. I'd rather take the direct bus which, in some period of the day, it's a 30 minutes journey.

But obviuosly it's up to you :)

Greetings

CDB

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Füssen to Garmisch-Partenkirchen - On Bayern Ticket?

Dear @cdbtrip

I checked the DB website, planning to catch RB 5513 to GaPa departing from Reutte at 1101am.

There are two choices to get to Reutte from Fuessen, one is a 45 minutes bus ride by Bus 74 departs at 0903 H, and stop over at Reutte for about 1H 10 minutes before the train.

The other choice is Bus 71 departing at 0935 H, 20 minutes to Ried Bahnhof, Pfronten, stop over 25 minutes and catch a train to Reutte, arriving at 1054 and to change the train departing at 1101.

I choose the second choice so that we can depart a bit late from Fuessen so it is not too rush.

7. Re: Füssen to Garmisch-Partenkirchen - On Bayern Ticket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 05:17