We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roman baths - worth seeing?

Maryland
Level Contributor
429 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Roman baths - worth seeing?

I've read that there are some ruins of a Roman bath near the Tegelberg cable car but I can't find any reviews of people that have been there. I have been to Rome and loved seeing the ruins there. For this trip we are taking our cousin and this will be his first trip to Europe so he hasn't seen anything like that before. I thought it might be cool to see while we are staying in Fuessen but it's hard to decide from the little information I have. Has anyone been to the Roman baths and would you recommend checking them out?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,545 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Roman baths - worth seeing?

This is "just" the private bath of a Roman manor (villa rustica). Nothing like the huge public baths of Rome or Trier. But it belongs to the best preserved ones of its kind.

www.tegelbergbahn.de/roemer-tegelberg.html

There are however more reasons to check this out. It's directly at the summer luge

tegelbergbahn.de/sommerrodelbahn-tegelberg0.…

You can take up the cable car to the Tegelberg itself.

And a 20 min walk will get you to the Baroque St. Coloman church, besides Neuschwanstein an iconic landmark of Bavaria.

…wikipedia.org/wiki/…29

Edited: 02 May 2014, 00:56
2. Re: Roman baths - worth seeing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 14:14
3. Re: Roman baths - worth seeing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 05:16