We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Zum Hechten - apartment

Auburn, Alabama
Level Contributor
60 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Zum Hechten - apartment

Because all the rooms were full in this hotel the very kind people offered us the apartment next door to it. Has anyone stayed in the apartment? Thank you!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
4,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Zum Hechten - apartment

No, but the location of the Zum Hechten is ideal in my opinion. Stayed at the hotel twice.

Auburn, Alabama
Level Contributor
60 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Zum Hechten - apartment

Thank you! The apartment is next to the hotel so that's good news! Do you remember the buildings around the hotel? There are no pictures so I feel a little nervous - here is how they described it:

The option left is an apartment room privately owned by the seniors. It is situated in the older building next to the hotel. It provides a sleeping room with a double bed and an additional bed, another sleeping room with two twin beds, a living room, a bathroom, and another separate toilet. It is older, but clean and spacious.

Again - so kind of them to offer this as it is a busy time and hard to get a room just now.

Thanks for comments and memories....

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
4,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Zum Hechten - apartment

I don't remember the building next door, but the nothing around the Zum Hechten seemed out of place, if that makes any sense. Meaning nothing stood out as being different or run down. The old town pedestrian zone starts maybe 50 yards or so down the street, so the front of the hotel opens onto the pedestrian zone, yet they have free parking behind the hotel, which you can drive to, naturally. If breakfast is included, it was very good as I recall. The restaurant at the zum Hechten was pretty good also. For dinner that's a bit "kitchy" in atmosphere but fun, try the Gasthof Krone.

krone-fuessen.de/index.php/Willkommen.html

Food was good, atmosphere was festive and the Honig or Mead wine was excellent. A honey wine served in a horn.

Have a great time, we liked Fuessen so much we visited and stayed twice in 3 years.

Paul

Edited: 23 June 2014, 02:08
Auburn, Alabama
Level Contributor
60 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Zum Hechten - apartment

Thank again for your help - nice! We'll go for it! :)

Columbia, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,258 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Zum Hechten - apartment

tmnlnmb, I've just had a look thru our pictures from Füssen 2010. I don't really have anything on the places next to Zum Hechten. One picture shows a little on each building on both sides, but not too much really. They both look to be in decent shape.

We loved Hotel Zum Hechten and the people that ran it. So that would make me feel a little better if they are suggesting something.

Also as said before by pja, Gasthof Krone gets our vote too.

Here are some pictures if you care to see them. They are under the title of Füssen 2010 I think.

http://whitefamilyckmpr.shutterfly.com/#

Have fun!

Fussen, Germany
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Zum Hechten - apartment

i dont know the appartements , share the name of the app if they montioned ,

anyway the location is good near to the train station (5min walk )

if you still look for a hotel here is my list of best hotels around neuschwanstein castle

http://goo.gl/sbhmiJ

greeting from Füssen

Auburn, Alabama
Level Contributor
60 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Zum Hechten - apartment

Thank you Cardinal5 - so appreciate the time you took to look for me and really enjoyed the photos!! Thanks also Newschwanstein Expert for the list of hotels! So many good choices. I went ahead with the apartment and know we will love it. After looking at the beautiful photos I am even more excited! Just the pick me up I needed after a full day of playing travel agent!

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Zum Hechten - apartment

Hi there. Did you book the separate apartment? It was offered to us for December. Do not know if we should book it or not. Family with 3 kids. Thanks you

Auburn, Alabama
Level Contributor
60 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Zum Hechten - apartment

OH my goodness - yes! The apartment was in the perfect location and so roomy. It was clean and simple which is just great for us. It's up one flight of stairs entered in the back. There is a family room with a couch, chairs and tv (not that we used it except to watch soccer!) and also a table and chairs for a family meal (brought in - no kitchen). There is a nice bathroom (and a not so nice 1/2 bath.... I think it was a long time mold issue - stinky) but we used it anyway. :) The beds were nice. One room with twins pushed together and one more single in that room. The second room had twins (small) and the third room was locked b/c we didn't need it but I think it had bunk beds. The people there were so helpful and nice. We ate breakfast each morning it the hotel (included) and it was a very good buffet. We loved the older ones in there helping! So sweet. We also ate one dinner at the restaurant and it was delicious as well. Don't miss seeing the bowling alley downstairs! We loved our time in Fussen and I wish we were back there this weekend! Have fun.

Columbia, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,258 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Zum Hechten - apartment

Yes the Hotel Zum Hechten (and apparently the apartment next door) are great. Wish we were going back soon. : (