We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffee shops

Which Rothenburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Coffee shops

Any idea if there are coffee shops in the town center, and if they're open on Sundays?

Thanks!!

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,173 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coffee shops

if you mean Starbucks-type places, then yes.

Sundays, things opn, but only in tourist season (so in Jan, for example, probably not).

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,457 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coffee shops

Of course, you can also have a cup of coffee at any restaurant or cafe.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,173 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coffee shops

Yes: that's something you may find weird. It's usually fine to go into pubs (gastaette), restaurants, cafes etc and not have a full meal. (I say "usually" because obviously there are times when the place is full and you won't be greeted with huge enthusiasm if you just want a glass of water)

But; I often see a group at a table together; one has a main course, one has just a soup, one just a dessert and one a coffee. No-one turns a hair.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coffee shops

Yes, I can think of two. A latte was welcome on a night in July when I got soaked by the rain on the Nightwatchman tour. That tour is great if you get the chance.

Edited: 19 March 2010, 14:33
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coffee shops

Thanks for the help everyone!! Turns out that Frau Liebler will also give us coffee on Sunday morning! We will be there from May 1 - May 3 this year. I rented one of her apartments for 40 Euros per night. What a deal!!

I so look forward to staying in Pensions and Private rooms, so I can brush up on my German!

Thanks very much!!

Auckland
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coffee shops

Hi.

Are you able to let me know the e-mail address of Frau Liebler? I would like to book accommodation with her. Many thanks.

Edited: 31 August 2010, 10:16
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coffee shops

I assume you don't mean Amsterdam style coffeeshops?

In general, Germans often drink coffee in any cafe or restaurant.

Corvallis, Oregon
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coffee shops

My family is planning a visit to Rothenberg in July and Frau Liebler's place reads well (Rick Steves), but the website listed doesn't seem to work and I don't know how to get a hold of her. The website listed is www.gaestehause-liebler.de

We are trying to find an inexpensive, quiet place that will have a crib/bed for a 2.5 yr old.

Thanks

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,173 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coffee shops

it's

http://www.gaestehaus-liebler.de/

10. Re: Coffee shops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2011, 06:23