We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to find a hotel...

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
565 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to find a hotel...

I was searching a week or so ago and came across a hotel in Rothenburg that was decorated in a modern contemporaray style when compared to most hotel photos that i see of rothenburg. I didn't write down the name as i thought it was over our budget (iirc it was €150+ p/night). I think it was only recently opened (less than 2 yrs old)

If anyone has any ideas what the name of the hotel may be, that would be great. I've been going through the reviews but can't find it.

Also, what is rothenburg like to visit on a sunday in summer? Are all the attractions & shops open, or would we be better to go another day?

Thanks.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
12,271 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to find a hotel...

Sorry, no idea. I always stay inside the walls in a historic hotel. To stay in a modern hotel seems bizarre. And 150 per night is WAY over the top to me. If you need recommendation for decent inside wall hotels, pm me.

Summer Sundays everything is open.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
565 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to find a hotel...

Thanks for the info re: sundays.

When i said modern, the hotel was is a historic building, but had been completely renovated and decorated in a modern style rather than the chinzy (sorry!) old fashion style that seems so common in rothenburg o.d.t. But maybe that is part of the attraction...? I like modern and trendy hotels as it is a bit of treat and feeld like luxury i don't have at home :)

I can't remember the price exactly althiugh it did seem more expensive than other hotels there. When i looked initally i just put in some random dates and now that our itinerary is a bit firmer i wanted to check again.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
565 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to find a hotel...

Pretty sure I found it! Obviously my searching through the reviews and photos on here wasn't too good but found it with a good google search

Hotel Hernschlossen is the one I was thinking of. unfortunately the price is closer to 200euro / night :( well and truely outside the budget.

4. Re: Trying to find a hotel...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2011, 05:19