We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is Specific Train Booking

Which Rothenburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Morton, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What is Specific Train Booking

We were advised to use the site

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en to book a train from Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Frankfurt and by using this site we could save money by ordering tickets online before the trip. When it says 'you must use specific train' does that mean we must use the train numbers shown on the Bahn.de website such as RB58922 and only that train number in order to use our tickets?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,552 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is Specific Train Booking

Basically - yes.

But this restrictions applies only to the part by long distance trains (ICE or IC/EC). Thus in this case you must use exactly the train you buy the ticket for from Würzburg to Frankfurt. If it comes to regional trains you have still some flexibility, i.e. you can use any earlier train on the same day from Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Würzburg. This part of the route is only served by regional trains.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What is Specific Train Booking

Please tell me if I can take a train from Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany to Karlsruhe Germany or should I rent a car? I know there isn't a direct train but I need to know if it is even possible. I must travel to Karlsruhe. Thank you. Jan

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,413 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is Specific Train Booking

Jan,

if you go to www.bahn.de and change to English at the top. Input Rothenburg Ob der Tauber to Karlshrue you wll get a number of options. It looks like the trip takes 3-4hours and involves at least 2 changes of trains. Walk up fares start at 56 euro but if you know your exact date you can get 'savings' fares starting around 29euro

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What is Specific Train Booking

Thank you! You are so kind to help me!

5. Re: What is Specific Train Booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 06:34