We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicycling from Wurzburg to Rothenburg ob der Tauber

Tennessee
4 posts
Save Topic
Bicycling from Wurzburg to Rothenburg ob der Tauber

My husband and I are traveling to Germany this summer and are interesting in renting bicycles to ride the stretch from Wurzburg to Rothenburg. We have about 3 days for this portion of our trip and think we would like to stay somewhere along the way (maybe Weikersheim) and then stay in Rothenburg. We don't know how we will transfer our luggage. Is it better to have luggage transferred or ride a train or bus back to the towns where we will be staying? Has anyone done a trip similar to this? What are your suggestions?

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,530 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bicycling from Wurzburg to Rothenburg ob der Tauber

Popular cyclaing routes in Germany sometimes have a luggage transfer service organised by local hotels. We cycled round the Bodensee last summer using such a service.

There are a number of cycling maps produced by the German cycling club (ADFC) that can be obtained from Amazon.de. There are also numerous cycle route guides published,mostly in German but the more popular ones in ehglish as well.

You might try this although I haven't used this publisher before:

www.bergstrassebikebooks.com/Romantic.html

or look here perhaps

2wheeltreks.co.uk/Cycling_Germany_Wurzburg.h…

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,362 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bicycling from Wurzburg to Rothenburg ob der Tauber

Very famous is the Tauber valley cycle route from Wertheim to Rothenburg. That's approx. 2/3 of the route Würzburg - Rothenburg.

www.liebliches-taubertal.de/showpage.php…

Either contact them or Manfred Skazel in Tauberbischofsheim who organizes luggage transfer.

touristik@liebliches-taubertal.de

http://www.skazel.de/

info@skazel.de

Tennessee
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bicycling from Wurzburg to Rothenburg ob der Tauber

Thannk you for the information. I have emailed both companies. Have you used Skazel before? It looks like it might be just what we're looking for. I had trouble understanding the services provided by the first web site you sent.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,362 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bicycling from Wurzburg to Rothenburg ob der Tauber

Touristikgemeinschaft "Liebliches Taubertal" e.V.

(registered) tourist association "Lovely Tauber Valley"

is the (public) regional tourist office. Not a company.

Tennessee
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bicycling from Wurzburg to Rothenburg ob der Tauber

Thank you for your help. I think we plan to try to make arrangements when we get to Germany. It looks as if there are several possibilities for us to try to bicycle this route.

6. Re: Bicycling from Wurzburg to Rothenburg ob der Tauber

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 18:21