We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather forecast for heavy rainfall in Wurzburg

Which Wurzburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather forecast for heavy rainfall in Wurzburg

As there would be heavy rain/thunderstorm in these few days in Wurzburg area according to the weather forecast, I am worried if flooding like last year would occur again. It seems raining will continue till May 1 or 2. As I will travel on May 7 there, would there be any adverse effect by that, like train station closed etc? In case it would flood again, would the situation be back to normal or under control within a few days? How's last year situation? Should I better change my travel plan this time? I have already booked my train ticket ... at least I really want to know if I can still reach Wurzburg' station without any problem. Thanks in advance for your feedbacks!

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,314 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather forecast for heavy rainfall in Wurzburg

Highly unlikely. Stop worrying. There is no reason to change anything.

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
6,659 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather forecast for heavy rainfall in Wurzburg

No flood danger in Germany whatsoever right now. River levels are very low for this time of year due to a very dry winter and spring so far. They can still take in a lot of rain...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather forecast for heavy rainfall in Wurzburg

Thanks BlandineForberg & Oli-6 for your kind feedbacks. I feel much relieved ... but just want to be 110% sure, would you or any other local experts update me Wurzburg situation after the heavy rain days gone, as I will stay quite near to the river bank?

I will follow up ... thanks all very much!!

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,314 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather forecast for heavy rainfall in Wurzburg

Seeing the recent weather situation in this country I am 1100% sure there will be no floods next week. I also see no "heavy" rainfalls predicted anywhere - just the usual amount. Please stop unneccessary worrying, and enjoy the preparations for your trip.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,134 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather forecast for heavy rainfall in Wurzburg

For floodings like last year, it will need more than a few days of rain. No need to worry, just pack your umbrella.

Just checked the local weather forcast, sunshine and spells of rain for the next days to come. Don't know where you found that "heavy rain"

Edited: 29 April 2014, 16:54
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather forecast for heavy rainfall in Wurzburg

Thanks Quiltneedle. The following weather website is the one I've checked which shows "advisory" and indicates continuous days of rain. It seems the advisory has changed a bit ... the previous one I saw this morning which said very heavy rain within a short period of time (It's written in German, I used Google translate to get its English meaning.)

www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.38.10655

But not only this website, I looked at other weather websites (like weathernetwork.com) which also forecast the coming days are rain/thunderstorm, till May 2. That's why I was suddenly worried because it reminded me heavy flooding happened last year.

Thanks for letting me know ... I will bring umbrella, I always do that when having a longer trip.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather forecast for heavy rainfall in Wurzburg

Sorry that I overlooked BlandineForberg's 2nd reply ... thanks so much again!! I'm really looking forward to my 1st-time visit to Germany and that's why I am "over" worried, maybe. I don't want to miss any city I have planned to go.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,134 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather forecast for heavy rainfall in Wurzburg

I always use this website, it's pretty reliable

wetter.de/deutschland/…wetter-uebersicht.html

you only need to worry, if this site shows anything

dwd.de/bvbw/appmanager/bvbw/dwdwwwDesktop…

For floodings like last year, we need a lot of snow in the winter (didn't have any this year) and WEEKS of rainfall. You will experience typical changing weather, nothing to worry.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather forecast for heavy rainfall in Wurzburg

Thanks Quiltneedle so much for the helpful links! I didn't know both websites. It seems "wetter.de" has no English language selection ... but not a problem, I can guess by looking at the signs etc.

10. Re: Weather forecast for heavy rainfall in Wurzburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 06:16