We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday apartments

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday apartments

Guten Abend, was planning a trip earlier this year but work got in the way. Anyway, plan to visit end of March and a friend recommended staying in an apartment instead of a hotel. Whats the general feeling on apartments? Have looked on many websites and some look very nice and much cheaper. A few in Prenzlauer berg but cant find the streets on a map ( map reding is not my strong point) Anyone know where Malmoe Strasse and Schoenfliesser St are and if ok areas?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,310 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday apartments

We booked an apartment on Novalisstrasse (near Friedrichstrasse/Oranienburgerstrasse) through www.123berlinzimmer.de and loved it. Very central so almost all sights were walking distance. Prenzlauer Berg is not quite so central for sightseeing, though a nice area to stay.

Apartments give more flexibility re meals and are great for families. On my own, I go to Etap Hotel Potsdamer Platz, which is 45€ a night; 5€ extra for breakfast and really central (on Anhalter Strasse)

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday apartments

Can't really comment on whether an apartment or a hotel is better in Berlin.

The area around Malmoer Str. and Schönfliesser Str. is o.k. and you have (depending on where on this streets are the apartments) either the S-Bahn station Bornholmer Str. or the S-Bahn and underground station Schönhauser Allee in walking distance.

To get into Mitte (where you'll find the majority of sights) you have to use public transport but it wont take you long. Prenzlauer Berg is pretty nice when it comes to nightlife.

Scotland
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday apartments

Thanks both for your replies. I just looked on the website 123berlinzimmer and its great so thanks. I'd rather stay in an area where lots to do at night and be able to walk home, easier than taxis, so I think Prenzlauer Berg it is. Also, had a look at the S-bahn map and think i'd be better to try it during daylight as seems very confusing.

Thanks again, cant wait to visit.

4. Re: Holiday apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 00:17