We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best areas for getting hammered?

Bolton
11 posts
Save Topic
Best areas for getting hammered?

I am in Berlin for 2 days in June with a group of noblemen from the quaint English village of Bolton. Being a sophisticated bunch of travellers we spend to spend all our time drinking in pubs and totally ignoring any of the other delightful attractions Berlin has to offer.

Where is the best little congregation of lively pubs?

Thanks for any advice.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,095 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best areas for getting hammered?

Why do you bother to go all the way to Berlin for that? No drinks in Bolton?

Bolton
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best areas for getting hammered?

Oh Shoshi, where is your sense of adventure. I've done Bolton to death.

I have been to some of the worlds greatest cities and only saw the inside of pubs, it great fun. I have been to Athens and never saw the Parthenon, been to Rome and never left Piazza Fiori even went to Kentucky Derby once and never saw a horse.

Getting drunk in a foriegn city is one of lifes treasures.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,095 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best areas for getting hammered?

Dear Loinheart, you have a point, I did go to all those ruins, and now thinking back you might have a point....At least German beer has a good reputation. Try to go the Mosle area in September when they harvest the grapes and serve a kind of a drink of the very beginning of the fermentation...simply great! I don't remember the name of it and it was such a long name too.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best areas for getting hammered?

It's a shame that you don't want to see the attractions Berlin has to offer apart from the good nightlife.

The main nighlife areas in Berlin are Charlottenburg (e.g. around Savignyplatz), Schöneberg (e.g. around Winterfeldplatz and Goltzstr.), Kreuzberg (e.g. around Bergmannstr.), Mitte (e.g. Oranienburger Str.), Prenzlauer Berg (e.g. Helmholtzplatz), Friedrichshain (e.g. around Simon-Dach-STr.).

Just beware that some bars/clubs don't let you in if you are just guys, especially if you are quite drunk.

Bolton
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best areas for getting hammered?

Oh thanks for that Berlin gal, that is very interesting as we are indeed a group of guys and we will, I'm afraid, almost certainly be very drunk, but good natured.

We tend to start drinking at noon so will probably all be in bed by 8pm anyways :)

Manchester
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best areas for getting hammered?

Nice to see you are committed to improving the impression our European cousins have of the British.

7. Re: Best areas for getting hammered?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 21:19