We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time travel to berlin

14 posts
Save Topic
first time travel to berlin

Hi Guys,

I was looking to travel to Berlin this October for 4 nights, needed help for hotel which is near City center and Clubbing.

Is there any train or bus, some other way to get to the hotel from the TXL airport.

Pls could you recommend nice bars and nice shopping malls which I could visit.

Apart from cabs, is there any other mode of travel like trains etc. Is it convenient,

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Tegel Airport
Tegel Airport
Berlin, Germany
Ackselhaus
Ackselhaus
#4 of 637 hotels in Berlin
i31 Hotel
i31 Hotel
#6 of 637 hotels in Berlin
Hotel Q!
Hotel Q!
#10 of 637 hotels in Berlin
3 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,876 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time travel to berlin

Public transport in Berlin is very convenient. We used trams, trains and buses which took us everywhere. The central part can be covered by walking

Edited: 27 August 2017, 11:41
Mentioned in this post
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
2. Re: first time travel to berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2017, 01:47

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
11,673 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time travel to berlin

Public transport :

https:/…Public.Transportation.html (some fares will have increased slightly since this was written, but we can't update articles)

If you are looking to go clubbing, you need to know that there is no single city centre. If you are gay, you would look at the area round Nollendorf Platz, which is close to City West. Otherwise you might try either Kreuzberg or Friedrichshain.

You really must get a guidebook and find out what might interest you, then come back with questions as necessary.

Mentioned in this post
Kreuzberg
Kreuzberg
363 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
Friedrichshain
Friedrichshain
124 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
Reply to: first time travel to berlin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted