We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Am Zoo????

UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Am Zoo????

Hi all

My husband and I are planning to use an interail pass to get around Europe this summer. We are going to be in Berlin for a few days and have been advised that the Hotel Am Zoo is a good option for us as it is close to all the tourist attracations and the main train station.

Does anyone have any feedback on this hotel or any other budget hotels that they would like to recommend. We really don't care about mod-cons we just need a clean and safe base to explore from.

Many thanks

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Am Zoo????

I don't know the hotel itself, I can only comment on the area. The Zoo(Zoologischer Garten) station used to be the "main" train station. Anyway, last year open the new main station (Hauptbahnhof) which is 3 stops away by S-Bahn.

Most of the sights are found in Mitte and not in the Ku'Damm area (where the Hotel am Zoo is situated). Anyway, the public transport system is pretty good and you easily get to Mitte by S-Bahn. On the KU'Damm you'll find heaps of shops and in walking distance you'll find two nice areas with bars and restaurants, Savignyplatz and Nollendorfplatz/Goltzstr.

Stamford, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Am Zoo????

Hi I will be staying at the Hotel Zoo next week, 17th of April,

When I return from Berlin i will post a reply....about the said Hotel

Zoo.....I did try looking for myself, to see if anyone had stayed at the

Hotel, but could not found a reply.

So on my return.....I will post a reply.

best Wishes Eddie55

UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Am Zoo????

Thanks for your replies. The info about the location is particularly helpful. I have high hopes for the German trains after looking at their public transport website which is the most informative and easy to use website I have ever seen!

Eddie55 - Have a wonderful trip, I look forward to reading your review of the hotel soon!

Regards

Stamford, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Am Zoo????

Hi I have just stayed in this Hotel for three days, a very nice clean

spacious rooms, our room was lovely, there were three of us staying there in one room but it was still very roomy...and great deco,

the staff were very friendly and helpful.

The location is the best for the (sightseeing Bus across the road from the Hotel) shops and the Station, which has been mention before , but I had a great time, and the wonderful Berliners are very kind polite at all times. The Hotel breakfast was a Buffet affair, very good value for money, we arrived at the hotel early and check-in time was 3.00pm, so at 9.00am we were giving the key to the room, I was really pleased after travelling through the night.

The Bathroom had a good shower...and also shower gel on tap!

The only slight moan.....no kettle to make coffee and tea!

Again plenty to see, but we ran out of time....somethink really special for me was the trip up to the TV Tower....not expensive and the Restaurant on the top was amazing....we had beers and ice-cream...not a good mixture! I just wish we Had more time in Berlin, maybe on my next trip, will I stay at the Hotel Zoo again? yes.

Enjoy your Trip, hope you have a great time

Warm Regards Dail (eddie55)

5. Re: Hotel Am Zoo????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 10:23