We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I buy smart clothes in petite ranges

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I buy smart clothes in petite ranges

Hi,

I need some help. I am on a business trip to Berlin and my baggage did not arrive with me at the airport. As you can imagine, I am very frustrated but I need to buy some more clothes. I am only 5'3 and very small framed. I need to find a shop that sells smart clothes in a petite range. I have trailled around several shops in Berlin but nobody offers a petite range. Can anyone tell me where I can buy some clothes from? I am at a conference and need to purchase clothes urgently!

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I buy smart clothes in petite ranges

try looking at karfustdamm street near zoological station

its the major shopping street area in berlin.

do not go to kuddam though, although its big, everything is a rip off there.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I buy smart clothes in petite ranges

Your best bet might be the KaDeWe (underground station Wittenbergplatz). I've seen the odd petite size at trousers sold at C&A.

Petite size are not that common in German shops. I'm just 5 feet and I always have to get my trousers shortened. Petite sizes are in German called Kurzgrößen. I think a Kurzgröße 19 is a normal German size 36 which should be a 8 in the UK

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I buy smart clothes in petite ranges

@ lungfish26

Kurfürstendamm and Ku'Damm are the same street. :-)

berlin
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I buy smart clothes in petite ranges

What I sometimes do is go to the children's department . Humiliating, I know. And I am not that short!

Try H&M, I think they have petite sizes and they are reasonably priced. Also try Castro on KuDamm, though I find most of their stuff a bit "unsmart". Surprisingly enough, the trashiest clothing store in town, Kik, has some petite sizes (in pants - kurze) - however, I am not so sure that they have really smart clothes.

UK
Level Contributor
220 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I buy smart clothes in petite ranges

Try Bonita - there is one in most shopping centres including the arcades at Potsdamer Platz and Neukolln - my wife shops there and is your height, but of course your tastes may be quite different!

6. Re: Where can I buy smart clothes in petite ranges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 10:17