We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin Stag Weekend

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancs, England
1 post
Save Topic
Berlin Stag Weekend

Hello,

I am getting married in April '08 and am planning my stag do in Berlin in either February / March next year. There will be about 10 blokes going and I could do with some info on the best areas of the city in which to stay and also cheap decent places to stay. Want to pay around £70 for 2 nights (incl) each.

Many thanks

westy

berlin
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Berlin Stag Weekend

70 for 2 nights = 35 a night, about 50 EUR.

This price would get you low level hotels in Berlin, not something spectacular, but not the lowest of the low either. It would be even more affordable if you could get the guys to share a twin room (some hotels would even have 3-4 beds in certain rooms, even the Marriott and its kinds).

From the ones on the list here:

http://www.tiny.cc/staghotels

I would recommend the following:

* Hotel Taunus (location wise, I have no idea how it looks)

* baxpax downtown Hostel Hotel

* Agon Frankfurter Allee

* Motel One Berlin Mitte

* A&O Hotel Friedrichshain

* A&O Hotel Mitte

The first two have great location; the others a very good one. If you are willing to put in a little more, take the Motel One Alexanderplatz instead of the one in Mitte. You can find reviews for all by searching their name on Tripadvisor.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Berlin Stag Weekend

I can't really recommend hotels, I can only comment on the areas. Basically a hotel anywhere in Central Berlin is o.k. Berlin has a brilliant public transport system and it's easy to get around even at night.

Most people stay in Mitte or the Ku'damm area. Nice bars and restaurants you'll find all over the place, especially in Charlottenburg, Kreuzberg, Schöneberg, Mitte, Prenzlauer Berg and Friedrichshain. I personally don't like Mitte so much even though there are some nice bars, pubs etc. Anyway, a lot of places in Mitte I find too posh and expensive compared to other area of Berlin.

3. Re: Berlin Stag Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 10:24