We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Next week in Berlin - I need a few tips!

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Argentina
Level Contributor
55 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Next week in Berlin - I need a few tips!

1. How is the best cheapest way to arrive from the airport to my hotel located at Potsdamer Platz? We will be carrying one piece of luggage per person.

2. Did you hear about the free New Berlin Magazine walking tours? Are they good?

3. To which train station should I head to take the IC train to Prague? Should I book in advance?

4. How is the weather expected for next week? Is it rainy season?

5. Is the Berlin card worthwhile?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Next week in Berlin - I need a few tips!

Hiya Ace.

I can't answer any of your questions specifically, although since we will be there next week I share your thoughts. Regarding question 4, you can go to www.weather.com and get a 10-day forecast for Berlin. Looks like typical Deutsch weather - showers and lower 70s.

I hope you enjoy your visit; I don't suppose you'd like to take me to Prague with you, eh? ;-)

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Next week in Berlin - I need a few tips!

I guess you arrive at Tegel Airport (TXL) ?

In this case you should take the txl-express-bus to Alexanderplatz, there you get into the U2 (subway, destination: Ruhleben). This takes you directly to Potsdamer Platz.

This will take you about an hour and will cost 2 Euro/person.

Getting a taxi is faster but will cost ou about 25 Euro.

To prague you should take the Ostbahnhof (Fridrichshain). I would book the tickets in advance, just to go sure that you get a seat. If you don't need one you can buy the at the day of your travel.

In the moment it's a bit rainy and www.wetter.de says that the weekend will be rainy too. But I think you have good chances that it will be nice again in the next week.

The O.C.in U.S.
Level Contributor
348 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Next week in Berlin - I need a few tips!

We took the free Berlin walking tour just last week. It was excellent, a real fun experience. Dunkin donuts and Starbucks has info. about the tours. We had a history professor who was very animated. We went from the Dunkin by the Zoo train station. Enjoy it and the other tours.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Next week in Berlin - I need a few tips!

I went on the free Berlin Walking Tour you refer to and thought it was great. It was very informative and the guide we had was very enthusiastic about the city and things he was telling us about.

Have you seen their website:

http://www.newberlintours.com/free_tour.php

which sets out the places visited on the tour?

USA
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Next week in Berlin - I need a few tips!

A shorter way to Potsdamer Platz from Tegel Airport is to take the TXL bus to Unter den Linden / Brandenburg gate, and then to hop on the S-Bahn for one stop to Potsdamer Platz. Price is the same as if you go through Alexanderplatz, but you'll save quite a lot of time.

The O.C.in U.S.
Level Contributor
348 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Next week in Berlin - I need a few tips!

Two helpful hints-we took the train Berlin to Prague at 7:30am,it was really crowded recommend you take at later time. Especially if you plan to get on and off.We got on and off in Dresden with a open train ticket. Stayed 4hours then got back on a Prague train. Second hint Welcome Card if you plan on going to a lot of places it is worth it. If not and not afraid to walk get a day pass for about $7. You will have a great time-check out The Kaiser Wilhelm Church on Kurferstandamm a main street. Hope this helps a little. I got a lot of tips before trip that were really handy.