We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Czech Currency in Berlin

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Getting Czech Currency in Berlin

Hi,

In two weeks I'll be visiting Berlin for the second time, and I can't wait! How I love Berlin! I'll be traveling to Prague after Berlin, and I've been told that because the Czech Republic is an EU country that I can exchange euros or dollars for czech currency at the banks in Berlin prior to departing for Prague. Is this really true? Thanks much for your help.

Jo

berlin
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Czech Currency in Berlin

I would imagine this would be possible (as for any other currency, by the way), but it might be better to exchange in the Czech Republic.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Czech Currency in Berlin

Hi Jo,

you could try:

Exchange

Friedrichstr. 172

10117 Berlin (Mitte)

I always go there if I need to get other currencies and I've never had any problems with them....

:-)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Czech Currency in Berlin

I worked for a Czech company and traveled to CZ. You will get more for your Dollars if you exchange your money in the Czech Republic, or even better use an ATM. Most ATM worked with Canadian Cards.

Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting Czech Currency in Berlin

Thanks for the info. I'll try the exchange office on Fredrichstrasse that solid8 mentioned. I just want to have enouch Czech currency for transportation to the hotel, rather than having to mess with getting it at the Prague train station ATM when we we arrive.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting Czech Currency in Berlin

There are a few exchange offices around Berlin. You can check their location on http://www.reisebank.de/

6. Re: Getting Czech Currency in Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 19:18