We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night life during the week!

london
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Night life during the week!

Hi, i need some help. My self and a friend are coming to berlin from this saturday until thursday next week. We are sorted for day time activites but the problem as always is night life!

we have decided that on the saturday we want to go to white trash fast food but i am wondering if it is hard to get in and also what time would be appropriate to arrive.

Also i am having trouble finding things to do on weeknights. We both wouldnt mind going to bars for drinks. Is there any area which you would recommend for good bars? we dont mind where as long as the crowd is not too touristy and it has a nice atmosphere.

Also are there any clubs you would recommend, again location is not the issue but musically we are not really into techno or hardcore dance music. We do like modern dance music though for example justice, tiga, sebastian etc we also like rock and indie and things we can dance too. Any suggestions?

Also any good jazz or blues clubs you could recommend for one night?

I know thats a lot to ask but any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night life during the week!

I hardly go clubbing so I can't really recommend clubs. Anyway, I quite like the following areas if it comes to going out for a drink.

Schöneberg, around Maaßenstr./Winterfeldstr./Winterfeldplatz/Goltzstr.

Kreuzberg, around Bergmannstr.

Charlottenburg, around Savignyplatz

Prenzlauer Berg, around Kollwitzplatz/Helmholtzplatz/Kastanienallee

Friedrichshain, around Simon-Dach-Str.

As for jazz clubs you could check out the following

http://www.a-trane.de/

http://www.quasimodo.de/

Both bars/clubs are found in Charlottenburg, in walking distance of Zoo station

london
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Night life during the week!

Thank you that has been very helpfull. If anyone has any other advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanx again

london
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Night life during the week!

I was also wondering to you get things like flyers which you get in london to tell you whats going on in the coming week/few days in certain areas?

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night life during the week!

Not really. It might be best if you buy a copy of TIP, Zitty or Exberliner Magazine. All three have listenings of what is going on where. TIP and Zitty are in German but you should be able to understand what is going on where without speaking German. The Exberliner is in English but you might wont find it in every newsagent like the other two.

5. Re: Night life during the week!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 10:19