We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel advice please!!

glasgow
Level Contributor
402 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel advice please!!

Hi

I am hoping to take my hubby on a suprise trip to Berlin for a very special birthday. I really want to get the hotel right. Can someone pls advise on a really good standard hotel close to all main sights. Movenpick and Askanischer Hof are 2 that have been recommended but open to other views.

Regards

Glasgow Lainey

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel advice please!!

I can't really recommend a hotel, I can only comment on the areas.

If you want to be close to the sights Mitte might be the best area. Anyway, Central in Berlin in general is good. Berlin has a good public transport so it never takes you long getting anywhere within Central Berlin. Berlins city centre is quite widespread so wherever you'll stay you will have to use public transport.

glasgow
Level Contributor
402 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel advice please!!

Thanks for your feedback

Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel advice please!!

We stayed at the Lux Eleven for a week in August 2006 and absolutely loved it. Take a look at their website:

http://www.lux-eleven.com/

People either love it or hate it...it's very modern and perfectly located just a couple of minutes from Alexanderplatz. If you're looking for a five star hotel with all of the expected amenities, it won't be for you. If your more of an independent traveler who is looking for something a bit different, likes a very modern hotel room and don't care that maid service is only every three days, then you'll love it!

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,786 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel advice please!!

A deluxe club floor room at the intercontinental (ask for river view) Should make a special treat. Large room with sofa marble bathroom tub big enough for 2 and seperate rain shower. With a view over mmany of Berlins famous sights. The lounge has breakfast and drinks and snacks all day with a full bar in the evening, great for a couple of glasses of bubbly with canapes before dinner

5. Re: Hotel advice please!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 20:21