We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Returned from Berlin

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Just Returned from Berlin

Just returned from a six day trip to Berlin with my daughter and had a fabulous time. Although I was previously in Berlin in August of 2006, the city was just as vibrant, edgy and wonderful this time as it was the first time. Our first full day we took an eight-hour Brewer's Best of Berlin Walking Tour, and it was the most comprehensive, entertaining, educational tour I have ever taken in any city. Our tour guide, Robin, was amazing and made the day totally memorable and the high point of our visit. I highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Berlin.

We visited all of the traditional tourist sites and my daughter was awed by all of the history she was able to re-live during our visit. It was very cold while we were there...it felt much colder than the temperature indicated...so if you're planning on visiting during the winter months I strongly suggest you wear lots of layers and bundle up.

I absolutely love Berlin...it's such a vibrant city with so much history. It was especially beautiful the week before Christmas, and we'll definitely be visiting it again.

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Returned from Berlin

Where did you stay??

Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Returned from Berlin

We stayed right off of Ku'Damm at the Berlin Plaza. It's a great value for the money, in a perfect location, and the rooms are spotlessly clean and well organized, with a large desk at one end and a large wall unit for storing clothing at the other. They also had a great breakfast included in the price and free wifi throughout.

The rooms and bathrooms, however, are exceptionally small (think cruise ship size...seriously) and very spartan. It was part of a two city package deal we got with Expedia, so I'm not sure exactly what the rate was. There's also a restaurant in the hotel (the Knese) that serves really good traditional German food. I would highly recommend the hotel for people who want an immaculate, no-frills room in a perfect location. If you're looking for a bit of luxury or a spacious room, it wouldn't be the place for you. On our prior trip we stayed at the Lux 11 in Mitte, which I absolutely loved and highly recommend to anyone who likes design hotels/apartments.

Germany
Level Contributor
103 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Returned from Berlin

Berlin is so much fun. Glad you had a wonderful time. Try Dresden next!

4. Re: Just Returned from Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 15:18