We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Berlin Schoenefeld to hotel by taxi?

athens, greece
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
from Berlin Schoenefeld to hotel by taxi?

Hello to all,

i am the mother of a 5 years old boy, both travelling to berlin. we will arrive to schoenenfeld at 22:45. Do you believe that it is safe enough to take a taxi to the hotel (ku'damm)? (i don' t speak German at all). The previous time, i was with my husband and we didn't experience any problem taking a cab, but now that i will alone, i feel a bit anxious.

Thanks very much!!

UK
Level Contributor
170 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from Berlin Schoenefeld to hotel by taxi?

You have to ask yourself what the alternatives are to get to your hotel? I would rather take a taxi than the train.

We've always used taxis to get to and from our hotel and the airports and each time I've found the drivers to be courteous and very helpful. Sometimes they talk away in English and make me ashamed of my poor German and at other times, not a word is spoken, and that's fine, too. But even though I've travelled with my husband and family, I've always felt safe.

Me personally...I would have no hesitation in taking a taxi rather than the train!

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from Berlin Schoenefeld to hotel by taxi?

Don't worry about taking a taxi from the airport to your hotel. During the day I normaly take the airport express but late in the evening I usually take a taxi from Schönefeld as the trains are not running that often anymore.

I've been using taxis in Berlin for the past 20 or so years and never experienced any strange drivers. I might had some which were in my opinion not very good drivers or were talking a lot of rubbish but in general it was fine.

athens, greece
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: from Berlin Schoenefeld to hotel by taxi?

Thank you all for your help!!

4. Re: from Berlin Schoenefeld to hotel by taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 03:17