We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

supermarket near Berlin Hilton

new jersey
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Topic
supermarket near Berlin Hilton

Hello

Can anyone give me the directions to a supermarket near the Berlin Hilton? We are traveling with a three year old and will need to get supplies.

Thankyou

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: supermarket near Berlin Hilton

The closest one is a Kaiser's grocery store at the corner of Friedrichstr. and Unter den Linden. The reception staff should show you on a map but it's really just a very short walk.

Also there are several stores incl. grocery stores in the nearby Potsdamer Arkaden shopping mall. The mall is about a 15mins walk from your hotel or a 3mins taxi ride.

And of course there is the food department of the Galeries Lafayette department store just two blocks from your hotel...

Most grocery stores are open 8am to 8pm Mon thru Sat. They're all closed (by law) on Sundays.

new jersey
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: supermarket near Berlin Hilton

Andrea

Thankyou for your reply-it is most helpful

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,689 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: supermarket near Berlin Hilton

I'm sorry to contradict you, Andreas, but there's simply no Kaisers supermarket at the corner of Unter den Linden and Friedrichstrasse.

There is an Edeka supermarket in Friedrichstrasse Station, open 7 days a week until 22:00. That's walking distance. Rossmann, a drugstore chain, has a good branch on Friedrichstrasse near the station which is open Mon-Sat to 22:00 and Sundays to 21:00. That's where you'll find many childcare necessaries.

The department store Kaufhof has a large grocery and gourmet section at Alexanderplatz, five minutes subway ride away.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: supermarket near Berlin Hilton

I was doing some research on the Kaiser's website and according to that source there is one on Friedrichstrasse... But you as a local should know better. I was already wondering where is would be because a Kaiser's right across from the Volkswagen flagship store??... Anyway, then Lafayette, Potsdamer Arkaden mall or Kaufhof it is ;-)

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,689 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: supermarket near Berlin Hilton

I'm pretty sure Edeka in Friedrichstr. Station is the closest to the Hilton, which is not actually in the kind of area where you'd find grocery stores. If you jump on the S-Bahn, there's also a big Reichelt supermarket in the Hauptbahnhof (main station) which is open until 23:00 Mon-Sat and until 22:00 on Sunday. Just one stop on the S-Bahn.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: supermarket near Berlin Hilton

There is a Kaisers on Friedrichstr, but it isn't at the corner of Unter den Linden. :-)

berlin
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: supermarket near Berlin Hilton

Andreas is right:

There is a Kaiser supermarket just behind the Hilton. It is not on Unter den Linden/Friedrichstrasse, but on the corner of Leipziger Strasse and Friedrichstrasse, which is really just behind the Hilton.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,689 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: supermarket near Berlin Hilton

I stand corrected. I've never noticed one at Leipziger Str.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: supermarket near Berlin Hilton

Recommendation to Jetski49: Ask reception staff for directions to the nearby Kaiser's grocey store, in case there really is one, as that chain's website claims ;-)

10. Re: supermarket near Berlin Hilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 17:18