We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much money costs living in Berlin

valladolid
3 posts
Save Topic
how much money costs living in Berlin

Hello,

I would like to know how much money per month do you think is the minimun needed to live in Berlin (lodging, eating, transport, unexpected expenses...).

thanks in advance,

Jorge

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how much money costs living in Berlin

It really depends what kind of accomodation you are looking for. Would you live in a flatshare or are you looking to have a small apartment for yourself. Does the flat needs to be furnished or will you bring/buy your own furniture. A furnished room or flat will cost you more than an unfurnished one.

I just had a look at a couple of websites and a room in a shared flat will cost you from 100-150 Euro per months upwards ... it really depends on the area and what kind of things the flat offers.

An unfurnished 1 room apartment you can find from 200 Euros upwards. Maybe the following link will help you http://www.exberliner.net/exflat/index.php

A monthly ticket (Umweltkarte) for public transport will cost you 70 Euro per months.

As for eating it depends on where you shop, what you like to eat or if you like to go out in restaurants often. My boyfriend and I spend about 50 to 80 Euros for groceries per week. We could cut costs if we had to and still would have varied groceries but so far there is no need to.

Going out (bars, restaurants, clubs) is fairly cheap compared to other capital cities. At my favourite Italian (which is certainly not the cheapest one) I can have a meal (pasta or pizza )and one non alcoholic drink for about 10 Euros. You wont get the seafood pizza for that but for example a salamai one or similiar. A drink in a bar will coast you around 2 to 10 Euros ... depending on what kind of drink (non alcoholic, beer, cocktail ...).

Hope I could help you a bit.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,774 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how much money costs living in Berlin

Not sure about prices in Valladolid but compared to Barcelona, living costs in Berlin are much lower , except for transport costs. Even on trendy Kastanienallee we have a local restaurant that serves (tasty) pizzas at 3€.

Rents in Germany are low in general: a friend's daughter is paying under 200€ for a flat-share in Bonn, and Berlin is even cheaper.

How much you would need to pay for transport would depend in part on where you are living and working/studying. Single ticket costs 2.10€. If it's a short journey (Kurzstrecke for 3 metro stops)it's 1.20€.

valladolid
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how much money costs living in Berlin

So much thanks for your replies, they were very usefull.

Jorge.

4. Re: how much money costs living in Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 03:17