We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flyby Berlin - Where To Stay For 1 Night?

Leeds, UK
11 posts
Save Topic
Flyby Berlin - Where To Stay For 1 Night?

I'm managed to schnaffle a ryanair 2p return flight to Berlin for a single night.

I'll be flying into Schoenefeld and will be getting the train into the centre.

I'd like to stay close to a train stop (without changing?). I'd also like to be in the city centre so everywhere is walkable as we're so short on time.

Ideally should be cheap and cheerful as we will only be sleeping there and then out again.

Cheers!

berlin
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flyby Berlin - Where To Stay For 1 Night?

I have a couple of ideas:

* Motel One Alexanderplatz (don't take the word "Motel" literally, it is a nice, simple, hotel, nice design and good service; and most importantly, not expensive and within walking distance of most sites).

* Hotel Arena (also near Alexanderplatz)

* CityStay Hostel (if you're really on the budget side)

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flyby Berlin - Where To Stay For 1 Night?

AD, I definitely 2nd the idea about staying around Alexander's Square as this is the best mix of accessability from Schönefeld airport and to the nightlife districts of Hackescher Market and Oranienburger St. districts. Maybe even the Park Inn hotel qualifies for you.

UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flyby Berlin - Where To Stay For 1 Night?

You have to stay at the Propeller Island City Lodge.. my boyfriend and i will be visiting there soon and it looks fabulous..very arty and different for one night.. check it out.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flyby Berlin - Where To Stay For 1 Night?

As you have just one night in Berlin I agree with the others that the area Alexanderplatz is the best option. Another hotel there is the Park Inn. You can walk to most sights, some others are easily and quickly reached by bus. As for nightlife you can walk to the area around Hackescher Markt or jump on the S-Bahn for a stop. I usually prefer other areas for going out but you'll find nice places in the evening around there.

5. Re: Flyby Berlin - Where To Stay For 1 Night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 08:16