We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to berlin

ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
first time to berlin

i will be in berlin for the first time for two nights. i arrive into Tempelhof airport. how do i get to the city centre from there?

and coudl you recommended any nice and cheap accomadation in the city centre or near enough to it.

cheers

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,522 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to berlin

BVG timetable

fahrinfo-berlin.de/Fahrinfo/bin/query.bin/en…

Berlin is a widespread city without a single centre. Most sights are in the district Mitte.

Tempelhof airport is pretty central. Normally you'll use the U-Bahn U6 from there. An area with many hotels is e.g. around Friedrichstrasse station and Oranienburger Tor.

S-Bahn and U-Bahn network map

www.s-bahn-berlin.de/pdf/s-bahn_netz.pdf

accommodation

visitberlin.de/english/…

http://www.hrs.com

canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to berlin

Hello

My husband and I are planning a trip to Berlin and a few other places in Germany and Holland this coming fall...

This will be our first trip to Germany and Holland..

Just started reading the Berlin forum ... I have so many questions but thought I would first take the time to say Hello and read some of the past posts here..

abalada I have copied and saved the links you posted..They are very good and I know will be useful to us..

Thank You

and IrelandCassie enjoy you time in Berlin...

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time to berlin

Personally I've found it helpful to compare hotel rates on these three sites: www.hrs.com, www.hotel.de, www.ehotel.de. Some times the rates appear to be the same but thru one hotel booking service breakfast is included whereas you'd have to pay extra if booked thru the others.

I like the "Best Western Hotel Berlin Mitte" especially for its location and the fact that it's brand new, modern, built around a WW2 air raid bunker. It's in a quite side street just off Friedrichstrasse with walking distance to S-Bahn station Friedrichstrasse. Plenty of great restaurants and bars are in the area of the hotel and you can walk to the Brandenburg Gate/Reichstag areas as well as to Museum Island and the Alexanderplatz square area - and to the Oranienburger St. nightlife area!

4. Re: first time to berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 15:17